• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

You Cool with Stool? -- Need help with CDSA Results

Hi all,
Just got results from Genova Diagnostics CDSA .

Beta-Glucuronidase - High
Long Chain Fatty Acids - High
Phospholipids - High
Fecal Fat - High

Saw B-Glucuronidase is produced by E. Coli, anerobic Bacterioids and Clostridia in intestines
High amounts linked to colon cancer and hyperstrogen.

High Phospholipids - inadequate bile salt resorption in terminal illieum, mucosal cell turnover.

Any thoughts out there???

Plum

There will be evidence out there (google) on all of your results. It took me a while to decipher mine but I did find enough info eventually.

The only thing that springs to mind is it seems you're not breaking down your dietary fat. Perhaps issues with digestive enzymes or stomach acid? Also, perhaps your liver is backed up with too many toxins as it is for most of us and hence it's struggling to break fat down?

If I were in your situation I would look into digestive issues. Clean up my diet - make sure I was eating good fats - olive oil, organic butter, coconut oil and fat from organic animals only. You do need fat for hormone production - cortisol, progesterone, testosterone and oestrogen. I would then look at hoe much fat I was eating in a meal and see how I felt after that meal - any nausea or indigestion means your system isn't coping. Look into digestive enzymes and betaine HCL supplements. Depending on issues I would also consider things like GAPS diet to help clear up any underlying inflamation.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but that is what I'd do in your situation. Google often brings up a lot of answers as does search through Genova's website both in the US and UK.

Sea

I don't know much, but I do know that high fecal fat means there is malabsorption. Common causes are Celiac, chrohns, colitis or pancreatic issues.

I'm sure google will have plenty of info