• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"You and yours" BBC phone in on "chronic fatigue" -26 sept

Countrygirl

I am late returning to PR after listening to You and Yours............(and I thought CS did very well...thank you!!) :) ........... as just as the programme was ending, the phone rang.

I picked it up and a voice said I have an important message for you that you must promise to give to the ME community.

'Carol' then explained she had been uncertain whether to ring You and Yours to spread the good news live on air or not or whether to ring this unknown person whose name she had found on Directories Enquiries as a contact for ME. She settled on me to give you her message. :D

I must admit, I made the assumption that I was speaking to someone with ME or a close relative of someone who was ill.

I was wrong.

'Carol' knew no one with ME.............I learnt later.

What she was going to tell You and Yours was that she knew what causes ME.

And as an aside, isn't wonderful that we finally have a technique (LP) that helps people with ME. :depressed:

Then she continued to tell me what has caused my and your illness.

.......................It is an allergy to broad beans. :cool:

Not only has she cracked the mystery, but...............even better..........she has the cure. And, no, it isn't avoiding broad beans (she wasn't fazed by the fact that I don't like them and always avoid them.................makes no difference.................) :ill:

Drink your own urine. :thumbsup:

However, and this is very important.......

It must not be between 3 am and 3 pm.

Apparently the reason is explained in Proverbs 5.

I have looked it up and it is a chapter which warns about adultery. :thumbdown::confused:

It doesn't tell you when you should drink said urine.

Anyway..........

...............................I have kept my promise tell you all the cause of ME

.................................and the cure.

I bet Esther Crawley and Phil didn't realise that they have stumbled on the cure for broad bean allergy.

P.S. It is much better to drink it cold from the fridge.

Good luck! :p

I

Last edited:

Wonko

It is an allergy to broad beans. :cool:

Good luck! :p

I
okayyyyy.

At this point I'd like to disclose that I have never eaten any type of broad beans, when I was 7 they tried to get me to eat them, without success - disgusting things.

Apparently this means I don't have M.E., which is good news.

So now the problem is, what do I have? Am I deficient something that is only found in broad beans perhaps :p

Countrygirl

okayyyyy.

At this point I'd like to disclose that I have never eaten any type of broad beans, when I was 7 they tried to get me to eat them, without success - disgusting things.

Apparently this means I don't have M.E., which is good news.

So now the problem is, what do I have? Am I deficient something that is only found in broad beans perhaps :p

Me neither. Not since I grew big enough to stand my ground at meal times.

Kidney beans though..........another matter.