• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Yohimbe for Orhtostatic Intolerance?

My naturopath had me start this a few weeks ago and it is helping. My low blood pressure is quite severe and the Yohimbe seems to help some. Anyone else? I read that it's not for long term use, which is concerning.

Wendy

SOC

@Valentijn has been reporting some success with yohimbe also. Maybe she'll chime in here. You could also search her name and yohimbe to find the threads.

My naturopath had me start this a few weeks ago and it is helping. My low blood pressure is quite severe and the Yohimbe seems to help some. Anyone else? I read that it's not for long term use, which is concerning.
I've been taking a low dose for over two months now, and it's still working great and causing no problems. I take a low dose (100mg twice per day), whereas most OTC doses are 400-500mg. I don't tolerate the high dose, but the low dose works fine, and probably avoids the issues caused by the higher doses. Liver enzymes were tested a couple weeks after starting it, and were in the middle of the normal range.

Valentijn, interesting. Thanks. Im taking Twin Lab's Yohimbe fuel...one pill twice a day. Doc wants me to go up to three pills a day....IT's 400 mg of yohimbe bark extract (standardized for 2% yohimbine (8mg per serving). i had a paradoxical reaction at first, not uncommon for me. Then it started working better. I read on the bottle it said not for long term use. Do u know what concerns there are about this? Sounds like liver issues maybe? Glad it's helping u.

yohimbine is definitely working for me in terms of orthostatic hypotension. but it is making my anger very bad

this is the yohimbine hcl form, not the herb which has other chemicals and can be unpredictable