• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

'yoga created by men for male bodies'

Undisclosed

Well, thanks. However I did use quotation marks which do indicate I am quoting someone else and I included the link where I was quoting from which I believe is standard practice.

I am on a mobile device. Is there a way of doing this on a mobile?

It wasn't clear re: who wrote the text -- it's better to use a quote box so members can immediately know.

I can't write the code here for you to use because it turns into a quote.

You can read how to do it in bbcode here

golden

It wasn't clear re: who wrote the text -- it's better to use a quote box so members can immediately know.

I can't write the code here for you to use because it turns into a quote.

You can read how to do it in bbcode here

I agree these quote bubbles are certainly clearer than traditional quote marks.

I also dont have underline, bold, italics features either which are valuable tools for highlighting and tone.

But I just have to make do.

I will have a look at the code chart you supplied and hopefully that works.

Thanks.

golden

This should be a clip of the Whole Woman Posture. I can view all clips i want since its end of the month and if i use up all my MB its only until midnight :)

Its also a clip of the first aid for prolapse dvd. Nice music - I play the fiddle looking forward to getting back to it.

I have made enquiries to purchase the dvd so will in deed let @thread know how it goes.

i have identified another problem with my chest which i am hoping will resolve with this new posture.

i tried the new kegels and this was helpful.

some of it though today has really tired
me out.

@JAM @metalnun

http://williamjbroad.com/the-science-of-yoga/

I will have a read-a-round. Thanks. Are there any other names you deem as fear mongerers @metalnun?

I havent yet looked or tried CKs methods. But I will. So far it seems lije the onky fear mongering being done is from @JAM and your self, metal nun.

Unless I get a proper response from you both detailing where exactly the flaws are - not simply as yiu said @JAM its A&P

Then something is certainly awry.

BW
Golden

I don't believe I've said ANYTHING that could be remotely construed as "fear mongering" in this thread, other than to explain that strong abdominal muscles are important for spinal stability and that the lumbar posture recommended by CK has been known to cause back strain in some people.

Re: Mr. Broad, as I pointed out in a previous post, with links, the statistics simply don't support his claims about the alleged dangers of yoga. You might want to read this:
http://observer.com/2012/01/the-10-best-responses-to-new-york-times-magazine-yoga-article/
and this: http://www.indieflowyoga.com/blog/a-yogic-perspective-leslie-kaminoff-responds-to-william-j-broad

I hope that is helpful.

We get many calls from Yoga practitioners and teachers who are shocked to find they have prolapse. “How could this be? I’ve been practicing Yoga for thirty years.” is a common comment'. (Christine Kent).

I'd like to see a list of names of these Yoga practitioners. She makes so many claims without providing any evidence to back them up.

One of the problems I am having with this entire discussion is that it is unclear to me from the quote above, whether Ms. Kent is alleging that yoga CAUSED these "many" cases or prolapse, or aggravated existing cases of prolapse caused by other things (like surgery or childbirth), or merely that the female yogis were surprised that they could have a prolapse DESPITE years of doing yoga.

If in fact yoga was actually causing prolapse I'm sure those of us in the field would have heard about it before now. More likely she means that certain poses could aggravate an existing prolapse. But again, it's difficult to tell. I have nothing further to add.

golden

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=gwTH10Vgg0I

I am still learning this. Havent managed to buy the DVD yet. This short 3.33 minute video was a good reminder.

I havent managed to gain full clarity yet on what she is teaching so I cant answer questions, I posted this thread mainly as a Learn as I go... Posting threads sometimes grestly helps this process for me.