• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

'yoga created by men for male bodies'

JAM

Jill
^^^ I was talking about these credentials @JAM.
I know, but I don't make a living with any of them and they certainly aren't threatened by her insane claims.

If you want to waste your time and money, and possibly hurt your body that is your prerogative, please let me know how it goes.

Last edited:

golden

Yes!... THIS.

What works, and what does not work, is always highly individual. Using intuition to discern what is best FOR YOU can be helpful.

Yoga does me good. I have no prolapsed anything from 30+ years of it.

If there are others here who have had prolapsed organs from yoga, they must be rare, as I have never heard of this happening to anyone I know. I wonder if @Sushi knows anything about this. She has a lot of experience with yoga...?

I mostly agree. Sometimes though it doesnt work and thats when an outside hand can be a blessing.

Thing is, a lot of women apparently dont know they have prolapsed! :-0

I wonder how many!
Also I expect any yoga 'expert' would keep hush about it. But I think it maybe slightly not talked about anyway.

Perhaps this lady has been a portal to receiving stories about it.

If external prolapse can be improved naturally then should be easier for internal prolapse and even easier wgen not yet symptomatic.

golden

@manna

sharing a rhyme back..

on the other end of the spectrum -Constipation -

There is a useful tool

'squatty potty'

:)

JAM

Jill
Oh, my goodness! Stop the press! lol SHE SELLS YOGA VIDEOS!?!? lol I can't stop laughing, it is just too much.

https://wholewoman.com/store/

I had a few minutes to dig around her website and two clicks in she is selling yoga. Oh, my.

Last edited:

JAM

Jill
Ohhh, and she is in ABQ, right down the street from my TCM practitioner. As soon as I'm well enough to take a trip I am going to pay her a visit.

manna

folk may need this thread then :)
Hi Golden,
they might eh!

I forgot the next line...you might think it's funny but it's really hot and runny :) used to love that poem. What I was getting at originally was that if you're listening to your body, which can sometimes be difficult, then you shouldn't be able to cause yourself harm, because it will say "stop", that's not good. It's kind of a yoga precept. I have one book by Iyenga and he mentions that if one posture is too much you don't do it...you do all the postures you can around it and eventually it should enable you to do the one you couldn't, with ease, hopefully. But then you probably know this. No doubt there are cautions one should be aware of.

There is pelvic organ prolapse in my family and my sons. I've generally seen it as connected with poor digestion, gluten insensitivity and most of all, environmental toxicity that you cannot get rid of....hence your body tries to get rid of itself, kinda.

Last edited:

golden

I recall someone who had a partial external rectal prolapse. Was booked in for surgery. But instead cured it using alternative methods. Thats ideal. Because I think it would be much harder to heal if it happens again after surgery - which it often does - plus there are additional probs the surgery can cause, incontinence etc.

But he said all his intuition was reversed! So it felt like he should be pushing when he should not and when it went back into place - he said he thought it had come out more!

All the wimpy UK APs wanted nothing to do with it and advised following the NHS. Thats because they are all under attack so much and frightened and really not that good compared with the ones abroad.

Just sharing though so that folk who want options know they maybe available.

I agree with all those reasons. for prolapse. Plus bacterial infections, bouts of diarrhoea, illness etc.

Men also tend to sit on the toilet for ages. Not the squatty potty way! :) In and out - no strain.

I corrected any IBS issues using food nearly two decades ago. I missed removing gluten though (mainly due to an abusive G.P.)

When I did remove gluten, that helped with more subtle inflammation and then further most recently doing the raw fruit diet really helped again in awareness and reducing inflammation I didnt know was there (until it went and that was an important finding) and thats when i spotted a very slight out of place issue.

I have been feeling much better, was about to embark on more physical yoga and work at correcting the issue when I discovered Christine Kents ideas.

I am getting something right because I can get my whole spine in excellent alignment - its amazing - almost fully reversed the damage caused by the Atlas Profilax practitioner - its just I dont know how I am doing it.

Last edited:

manna

Men also tend to sit on the toilet for ages. Not the squatty potty way! :) In and out - no strain.

Not sure if you're implying that squatting is the correct way to have a bowel movement but, if so, I wholeheartedly agree. I haven't sat on the loo for a movement in years. You can even buy squatting stools now to fit round a western toilet. At present the majority of the world squat, supposedly. I find it to be like Inclined Bed Therapy, in the regard that once you've tried it, the old way just feels totally wrong and you can't go back to it. You get of rid of more. We're deep into toilet talk territory now but everyone does it and in the western world the large majority, imo and others, do it wrong. And a lifetime of it will, I think, have a noticeably negative health impact for many.

Squatting stools https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...a=X&ei=XjUoVI_PHdXGsQTJ04CICQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

JAM

Jill
Not sure if you're implying that squatting is the correct way to have a bowel movement but, if so, I wholeheartedly agree. I haven't sat on the loo for a movement in years. You can even buy squatting stools now to fit round a western toilet. At present the majority of the world squat, supposedly. I find it to be like Inclined Bed Therapy, in the regard that once you've tried it, the old way just feels totally wrong and you can't go back to it. You get of rid of more. We're deep into toilet talk territory now but everyone does it and in the western world the large majority, imo and others, do it wrong. And a lifetime of it will, I think, have a noticeably negative health impact for many.

Squatting stools https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=squatting stool for toilets&biw=1152&bih=589&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XjUoVI_PHdXGsQTJ04CICQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
Next you will be referring to The Humanure Handbook: http://humanurehandbook.com

manna

Next you will be referring to The Humanure Handbook: http://humanurehandbook.com

Hi JAM, I had some friends who were doing this a few years ago. They've moved away now. I wonder if they're still doing it? I had a look at it, no odor at all. If I had the land/space I would definitely do it...bit nippy in winter though :wide-eyed:

Bookmarked.

Last edited:

JAM

Jill
Hi JAM, I had some friends who were doing this a few years. They've moved away now. I wonder if they're still doing it now? I had a look at it, no odor at all. If I had the land/space I would definitely do it...bit nippy in winter though :wide-eyed:

Bookmarked.
I have friends who do it in their homes with no smell (the toilet part, not the composting part! ;) ). As soon as I have my own house I will be doing it too.

golden

Squatting stools https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...a=X&ei=XjUoVI_PHdXGsQTJ04CICQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Lol we are deep in toilet territory now :)

No-one laugh too hard or ur bottom may fall out ha ha only joking (but it can happen!)

@adreno *may* be interested in this..but is this a paleo culture thing too i wondered?

I was going to start a thread on it ages ago.

Yes manna, this is what i was referring to although the bloke with the newspaper - if you cant go straight away - walk away - walk away...walk away...(started singing that to enyas orinocho flow tune)

and return 10 minutes or so i believe the advice is. (

Oh the days of living outside are returning to me :) Body soon learns not to want to take too long in the toilet
process.

Last edited:

golden

Ok. So you think the article is 'silly' and it infuriates you.

Can you expand? Why exactly?

https://wholewoman.com/newpages/prolapseinfo.html

Here is a bit more info on this lady and her work.

I take it the 'moderation ' on page one post ten was putting my quote in the bubble to make it clearer to read.

It is actually better. Can @moderator explain how to do this please as I dont know.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Undisclosed

I take it the 'moderation ' on page one post ten was putting my quote in the bubble to make it clearer to read.

It is actually better. Can @moderator explain how to do this please as I dont know.

Thanks.

I added the quote bubble -- indeed to make it easier to read and so members would know those weren't your own words.

To do that, you highlight the text you want to quote and then click the quotation marks in the tool bar of the editor.

golden

I added the quote bubble -- indeed to make it easier to read and so members would know those weren't your own words.

To do that, you highlight the text you want to quote and then click the quotation marks in the tool bar of the editor.

Well, thanks. However I did use quotation marks which do indicate I am quoting someone else and I included the link where I was quoting from which I believe is standard practice.

I am on a mobile device. Is there a way of doing this on a mobile?