1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

(Yet another) 23andme results - 8 reds, 6 yellows. That's bad, right?

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Lotus97, May 29, 2013.

1. PathogenKiller

PathogenKiller

You have heterozygous a1298c and c677t.. So you'll need lmethyltetrahydrofolate and methyl b12.. Especially with that shut down in bhmt. Supplement TMG and sam-e.. Sam-e helps Comt and youve hopefully increased bh4 with the mthfr supports so that will also help Mao. I'd be curious about other reds that might show on sterling's report over in the NOS cycle..
    Beyond likes this.
  2. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    People with COMT +/+ polymorphisms tend to be sensitive to methyl donors so taking SAMe would not be a good idea.
    Valentijn likes this.
  3. PathogenKiller

PathogenKiller

But you are Vdr bsm -- and have polymorphisms all over your methionine cycle... I see the concern, I'd be curious how you felt after you put mthfr and bhmt supports in place.
  4. greenshots

greenshots Senior Member

California
    I don't think that CBS is such a big deal but because you have those full BHMTs, it puts more stress thru there so its more of the combo. You almost have to think of yourself as having the bigger CBS due to the whole picture. But having said that, my doc didn't really suggest going down on sulfur foods like veggies unless you had a whole bunch of defects like BHMT, CBS 699, NOS, SUOX. But I guess it depends on your amino acid tests and the whole picture with the biochem.

See more popular forum discussions.