1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Yet another 23andme interpretation request. Thank you.

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by mpw, Mar 12, 2014.

1. mpw

mpw

I hope this is the correct forum. Does anyone have thoughts on my results.

A little background. CFS for 18 years. I do have a chronic infection and am pretty sure that's what's causing the CFS, but I wanted to see if any these results have any relevance to the CFS. I do not tolerate B complex (it's like being in a coma) supplements. I can only take 8.25mg of B6 and it seems that B12 also causes more fatigue. I haven't decided with 5-folate causes more fatigue or not. Will have to test that again. Although I am homozygous for the MTHFR A1298C mutation I do have elevated homocysteine levels. At 2000mg of folate my homocysteine is 9

Thank you very very much for any insight.

MTHFR 03 P39P +/+
    MTHFR A1298C +/+

VDR Bsm +/+
    MAO-A R297R +/+
    MTRR A66G +/+
    MTRR A664A +/+

COMT V158M +/-
    COMT H62H +/-
    BHMT-02 +/-
    CBS C699T +/-
    CBS A360A +/-
  2. Allyson

Allyson *****

Australia, Melbourne
  3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    MTRR A66G means that you might benefit from B12 supplementation. Which form did you try before? MethylB12 causes some people problems, but other people need it.
  4. mpw

mpw

Thank you so much for the reply. I was taking Methyl B12. I'm going to have to try it again. I was taking folate, B12 and B6 (all the active proper forms). Decided to drop them all, but I know I need to go back to the folate sooner rather than later. Perhaps I'll retry the B12 and folate without the B6 since I know for sure larger doses of B6 do cause more fatigue. I have never felt B12 make any difference in fatigue. I can't imagine it would in my state. Thank you again.
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    HydroxoB12 might make a difference as well, instead of MethylB12.
  6. mpw

mpw

Thank you, I'll give that a try.

See more popular forum discussions.