1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

yeast candida causing sinusitis, anyone??

Discussion in 'Fungal Infection (Yeast, Candida)' started by heapsreal, Dec 2, 2011.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    I would love to try gamma globulin, but think u can only get it through a hospital but will look inti it. Does klimas give gamma globulin in her clinic? thats great.

cheers!!
  2. SaraM

SaraM Senior Member

Dr.Shoemaker uses Rifampin for a month. I have no experience with this AB.
    Diflucan spray for a few months. 2-3 sprays in each nostril. I want to make the spray at home. 100 mg Diflucan in 500 ml of distilled water, I guess.
  3. calzy

calzy Senior Member

Naples Florida

Dont know yet, she is in transition to another university, hope to find out soon!
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Saw my doc today and told him that i have been on doxy and nystatin and also used nystatin as a sinus rinse for last 4 days, not alot of improvement. I also said how my blood pressure has been up which he said can happen. He seems to think its bacterial as my sinuses cleared up a few months ago on clarithromycin, so we are going down that line again and also said to stay on doxy. If things dont get better then i will see him again and then do a swab. Last time on these abx it took about 3 days to start to feel improvement and full 2 weeks to knock it on its head. But he did say these infections are more likely as im immune deficient, also showed him my last Bond uni nk function study results which were very low, so he wasnt suprised of me getting infections like this. Time will tell.

cheers!!!
  5. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Has anyone tried oil of oregano to fight a sinus infection that won't go away?
  6. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Yes, I tried it before I had the irrigator and it had no effect on my sinus infections
  7. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Thanks ukxmrv.
  8. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I also have a Grosan nasal irrigator and when I have an active infection I either add a bit of nystatin powder to the salt solution or tiny--and I mean tiny--bit of Young Living Oils oregano oil to the solution.

It does help me a lot. I think taken topically like this it is more effective for the sinuses than swallowed. I mention the brand I use as different brands are different strengths. It comes in a dropper bottle and I invert the bottle against a finger (much less than drop) and swirl the finger in the solution. If you get too much it burns a lot. :D

Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.