1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

YAY! amenorrhea cured! (only for the girls)

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by leaves, Nov 15, 2010.

1. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Ok a bit awkward to share but here it goes...
    I have had very low hormones since for ever, and have long term amenorrhea ( not menstruated) since I was about 17. But... today it happened! amenorrhea no more! I am so happy :))

I have been taking sam-e (800 mg daily) for quite some time and I felt it was restoring my hormones. In addition I have been taking nitazoxanide for its antiviral effects.
    :victory:
  2. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    Hey sweety, did you ever talk to a doctor or get them to put you on hormone therapy???
  3. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Oh I talked to loads of em. Very unhelpful. They couldnt find what was wrong so suggested... it was because I was depressed or stressed or whatever. I did not try hormone therapy although they did try to induce my cycle with progesteron (failed) and birth control. But I chose to stop the bc many years ago because I did not like the idea of taking hormones, and because there were no benefits for taking it health wise (latest studies show it doesnt help bone density)
  4. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    Way cool, thanks for clearing that up for me. And congratulations!!!!! (big grins)

We all need tee shirts that say "Support Doctors are Dunces" a program designed to get doctors the help they need to open up their minds and hearts. (grins)
  5. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    Congratulations, leaves! :balloons:
  6. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Really pleased for you leaves - fantastic that your hormones are more balanced - must make you feel so much better, do you think its the sam-e thats done it?
  7. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Yes it was the sam-e. I took it for several months, 6 or so, and felt my hormones restore slowly. Now my amenorrhea is cured. I still can not believe it.
  8. Dainty

Dainty Senior Member

Washington State
    Congrats! :D
  9. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Congrats. :)

I kind of understand how amazing it feels. About 5 mths ago.. had a period for the very first time which was of 28 days menstrational cycle... after having completely screwed up cycle all my life cause my body struggles to ovulate (PCOS). To my amazement.. I ended up getting two months of normal cycle.. then thou Ive gone back to my quite normal for me, highly abnormal one.

In my case thou I still dont know why I suddenly went normal for the first time in my life (at 41 years old).

It must of felt even more amazing for you seeing you were entirely missing.

See more popular forum discussions.