1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Yasko says no support needed for -/- SUOX but heartfixer does support, why??

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Healthy Someday, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Healthy Someday

Healthy Someday

What's the deal with SUOX?

Yasko says I don't need to do anything but according to Heartfixer if you are SUOX -/- then you have the bad version because it is reported backwards.

I apologize if this has been discussed before.

Amy
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Some of Yasko's theories regarding certain SNPs are completely unfounded based on the published research, and even contradictory.

She's completely wrong about CBS C699T, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she's wrong about SUOX too.
  3. Healthy Someday

Healthy Someday

Valentijn,
    Do you still give your opinion about people's SNP's?? I'd love to hear what you suggest after looking at mine, considering what you think about some of Yasko's assertions.

Amy
  4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    That's old data. Yasko's test and genetic genie now report it the other way around, so +/+ is bad and -/- is good.
  5. Healthy Someday

Healthy Someday

Thank you Caledonia. I was kind of hoping Yasko was right and that I had something good going on there. If my urine amino acids and my urine elements will just come back I'll feel like I can move forward safely. Lithium and Taurine are my main concerns so want to know where I stand there. Oh, and that data came from heartfixer so I wonder if they need to update their site??

See more popular forum discussions.