• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Xyrem

Hello everyone,

Does anyone use Xyrem? Can you please share your stories?

My husband is considering taking it. He is concerned since he is taking klonopin about 2-3 mg/day and trazodone 50 mg to sleep. Anyone take xyrem with some of these drugs? Please let me know!

Thank you!

Elena

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I've taken Xyrem on 2 different occasions and in 2 instances I was allowed to take Ambien with reduced dose of Xyrem. My 3rd sleep study was done while on Xyrem and I still only got 9 mins of deep sleep. I was not allowed to take any Klonopin within 6 hours of taking the Xyrem. I'm not sure about Trazadone, but that could be a good combination. My sleep doctor has very good results with trazodone. He insist on the patient taking it at least 2 hours before bed time so its activity will be more closely aligned with when you would normally go into deep sleep.

Xyrem absolutely has to be taken on an empty stomach due to the was it gets absorbed. It's worth trying if you can afford it. On an empty stomach it can have you asleep within 5 minutes on occasions and usually never more than 15 mins.