• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRVChronic Fatigue Syndrome and the Blood Supply - Teleconference June 11th

Rivotril

nothing yet???
if there was something big, we should have known by now i guess
or am i too pessimistic?

JT1024

I was unable to attend but I don't think there was anything "new". If there had been, there would have been a lot more buzz on the web.

My hope was that work would pay for it (I work in a hospital lab) but there was no interest in it (other than my own) and the budget is extremely tight.

I believe there is going to be something free in July but I have to verify that. I think I read it somewhere. If I find the info, I'll update this post.

Sorry I could attend :( ~ JT

Lesley

WPI just posted this link on Facebook: http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2010/06/14/chronic-fatigue-sufferers-may-be-asked-to-avoid-donating-blood/

Some key quotes:

On Friday, Louis Katz, executive vice-president of medical affairs at Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center in Davenport, Iowa, and a member of the AABB task force studying the issue, gave his own latest assessment of the situation: People who have been diagnosed by a doctor with CFS should not donate blood, at least not at this point.

Katz said emphasizing that the AABB task forces recommendations arent out yet and he was speaking for himself that the latest draft versions recommend to AABB members that potential donors who currently have or have had CFS be advised they should not give blood.