1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV - testing urine

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by glenp, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Rafael

Rafael XMRV+ Member

Ontario, Canada
    I looked at the Website first and only then checked to see if it had already been found and discussed here (of course it had).
    My impression WAS that they ONLY market to and supply labs and researchers. They have lots of photos of their booths at Lab equipment fairs, etc.)
    So the answer to the e-mail was what I would have expected.
    But I still find it interesting that they are marketing a XMRV urine test to the labs and researchers.
    They are affiliated to Brock University - and Canadian University research always seems to punch above its weight (but then I read more Canadian propaganda than most of you)
    I could always drive there in a couple of hours and snoop around.

2. jimbob

jimbob ME/CFS84-XMRV+

myrtle beach, s.c.
    If you're up to making the drive, maybe would'nt be such a bad idea. Just put on a lab coat and walk in. Someone in there will know wether this is a scam or not? Good luck Mr. Bond!

3. Rafael

Rafael XMRV+ Member

Ontario, Canada
    If no posts from me after a week - send help.

4. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    Go Rafael go- they say they welcome guests --they advertise the hotel near the lab.

I have emailed David Patrick at the BCCDC about it. He has always responded to my inquiring emails. I think he is back from Toronto today so may take ahile for him to catch up but he has always gotten back to me with questions that I had.

glen

ps oh by the way the lab did not reply to my email -- that was a poster that came in here that answered- I took it to be someone from the lab lurking here - it is a first time poster???? from the lab?? That was me replying to them posting here about whether they would release tests to other labs or bccdc!!!! they did not post back

5. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    If you are signed up for the Co-cure emails, this was sent out recently.

6. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    My Dr does not think my issues are all in my head. Yeah, he checks my blood for Serotonin. But he also offers other help.

7. Rafael

Rafael XMRV+ Member

Ontario, Canada
    "ps oh by the way the lab did not reply to my email -- that was a poster that came in here that answered"

Ah, yes. That fooled me. Very interesting.

At the bottom of the product description PDF ( find by doing search within website for Urine XMRV TEst) ..... Cat #: 34700 Description: Urine-Based XMRV RT-PCR Detection Kit
    QUANTITY: 24 tests !!!!

Clearly they are a lab supplier ... but if you were a lab supplier, would you design, develop and market such a test if you weren't sure of an interested group of buyers ?

8. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    Even better. Now any "lab" can do a "replication study" and NOT find XRMV in whatever cohort of patients they have. Peachy.

See more popular forum discussions.