1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV results

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Patient 2, Dec 1, 2009.

1. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

It's Isoprinosine (Immunovir). Derek Enlander is using it with this patients. I am interested in learning more about this too. Enlander says it's made in Dublin.

2. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Xyrem and Imunovir?

I thought she said Xyrem.
    And Imunovir.
    Quotes are from a web grab.

---------
    ETA:

3. FernRhizome

FernRhizome Senior Member

Thanks!

Thanks to all of you for the info on those two treatment directions. This is a great discussion forum! Has anyone here tried xyrem? ~FernRhizome

4. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    Klimas sleep stuff

I thought she said Xyrem, but am not sure--will try again. Chris

5. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    careful

I have seen many articles on xyrem being good for us, and also read somewhere that if you have a specific Q T-wave pattern it could be dangerous - doctors in the know will not prescribe it to these patients, so we have to be sure that our doctors know how to read this particular T-wave pattern Maybe someone can explain it better? I'd like to try it

glen

6. Marylib

Marylib Senior Member

New Zealand
    Xyrem and Isoprinosine/Imunovir

It was Xyrem. Used to be called GHB..or was that GBH? :eek:

There is a thread here (somewhere) abput isoprinosine. Gotta be somewhere in the treatments section. Someone was going to experiment with making isoprinosine out of inosine

I take isoprinosine. I have no side effects thankfully. I think it helped bring me out of a big crash. Not cured, but better than I was. It is not a big gun. Klimas is saying it is in the "nutriceutical" category.

Let's look for that other thread.

7. FernRhizome

FernRhizome Senior Member

Glen:
    wow, thanks for mentioning this....I may not try it afterall...~FernRhizome

8. Cloud

Cloud Guest

Thank You Athene.....Excellent information. I have always cringed when I hear of people taking high dose VitD.....It's a fat soluble vitamin and therefore has the potential for toxicity. In general, I tend to think more along the lines of being very conservative with consuming another supplement without hard evidence of it's need, especially those with a high potential for toxicity. I have seen more than one person blow out their liver from toxic levels of nutritional supplements and meds.
    I did a VitD level with Dr P...not sure what it was, but need to look. May I ask what the "overall picture" is?

On P450.....Anyone have access to the graph showing the different Cytochrome enzymes and their target med/toxin? Yes, I used to have it, but it's all over now......

thanks....ross

9. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

I think the 1 in 3 false negatives apply to those who tested positive only after a certain plasma test (having first tested negative)....and my understanding is that this particular test isn't being offered yet?
    Anyone correct me if I'm wrong please?

10. nora_n

nora_n

europe
    Athene, there are two kinds of d tests, the D3 is 25-OH and the active D is 1,25 D.
    The D3 stores is tha standard test.

Was that one high, or the other one??

See more popular forum discussions.