1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV results

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Patient 2, Dec 1, 2009.

1. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

It's Isoprinosine (Immunovir). Derek Enlander is using it with this patients. I am interested in learning more about this too. Enlander says it's made in Dublin.

2. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Xyrem and Imunovir?

I thought she said Xyrem.
    And Imunovir.
    Quotes are from a web grab.

---------
    ETA:
  3. FernRhizome

FernRhizome Senior Member

Thanks!

Thanks to all of you for the info on those two treatment directions. This is a great discussion forum! Has anyone here tried xyrem? ~FernRhizome
  4. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    Klimas sleep stuff

I thought she said Xyrem, but am not sure--will try again. Chris
  5. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    careful

I have seen many articles on xyrem being good for us, and also read somewhere that if you have a specific Q T-wave pattern it could be dangerous - doctors in the know will not prescribe it to these patients, so we have to be sure that our doctors know how to read this particular T-wave pattern Maybe someone can explain it better? I'd like to try it

glen
  6. Marylib

Marylib Senior Member

New Zealand
    Xyrem and Isoprinosine/Imunovir

It was Xyrem. Used to be called GHB..or was that GBH? :eek:

There is a thread here (somewhere) abput isoprinosine. Gotta be somewhere in the treatments section. Someone was going to experiment with making isoprinosine out of inosine

I take isoprinosine. I have no side effects thankfully. I think it helped bring me out of a big crash. Not cured, but better than I was. It is not a big gun. Klimas is saying it is in the "nutriceutical" category.

Let's look for that other thread.
  7. FernRhizome

FernRhizome Senior Member

Glen:
    wow, thanks for mentioning this....I may not try it afterall...~FernRhizome
  8. Cloud

Cloud Guest

Thank You Athene.....Excellent information. I have always cringed when I hear of people taking high dose VitD.....It's a fat soluble vitamin and therefore has the potential for toxicity. In general, I tend to think more along the lines of being very conservative with consuming another supplement without hard evidence of it's need, especially those with a high potential for toxicity. I have seen more than one person blow out their liver from toxic levels of nutritional supplements and meds.
    I did a VitD level with Dr P...not sure what it was, but need to look. May I ask what the "overall picture" is?

On P450.....Anyone have access to the graph showing the different Cytochrome enzymes and their target med/toxin? Yes, I used to have it, but it's all over now......

thanks....ross
  9. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

I think the 1 in 3 false negatives apply to those who tested positive only after a certain plasma test (having first tested negative)....and my understanding is that this particular test isn't being offered yet?
    Anyone correct me if I'm wrong please?
  10. nora_n

nora_n

europe
    Athene, there are two kinds of d tests, the D3 is 25-OH and the active D is 1,25 D.
    The D3 stores is tha standard test.

Was that one high, or the other one??

See more popular forum discussions.