1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV: Quiet Time by Dr. David Bell

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by _Kim_, Dec 24, 2009.

1. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Dr. Bell has a new issue of the Lyndonville News out (December 2009).

XMRV: Quiet Time

2. OurDayWillCome

OurDayWillCome

Thanks for posting this, Kim. I hope Bell is indicating what researchers will be studying when he asks these questions:

"So is XMRV in really severe ME? CFS? Orthostatic intolerance? CFS plus POTS? Mild fibromalgia? Atypical MS? CFS with or without depression? Chronic Lyme disease? Multiple chemical sensitivities?"

It would be wonderful is some of these poorly understood problems could be cleared up, and researchers have already named some of these as comorbid conditions. People deserve some relief.
  3. oerganix

oerganix Senior Member

Thanks Kim...

Dr. Bell: "Dr. Dan Peterson said at the recent CFSAC meeting that a transfusion case of CFS and XMRV has already been found and traced back to the donor."

I don't remember Peterson saying that. Anyone else know about this? I thought I heard him say he was looking for the donor in a case where his patient got CFS after a blood transfusion and that several lawyers contacted him looking for this type of situation. But I don't recall him saying the donor had already been found.

Wouldn't that have made a big headline if it were true? "Blood supply endangered by patients with psychosomatic illness!!!!"
  4. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Of what I understood he had traced the donor, had the patient's blood before and after the transfusion and was in the process of doing the testing. He also said some lawyers had contacted him too. :cool:

I wonder if the same lawyers would not work on a class action against the CDC and Bill Reeves? :rolleyes:
  5. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Right oerganix. Maybe Dr. Bell has heard the follow up on what Peterson mentioned.

6. Eric Johnson from I&I

Eric Johnson from I&I Senior Member

Quiet time! Booo! I'd rather see headlines left & right.
  7. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

boo hoo. Me too Eric. Or is it argggh? It's tough being a patient patient.
  8. starcycle

starcycle Guest

Omg - even with a possible pathogen they're STILL trying to pin it on "mental health": :p

"...could psychiatric illness predispose to XMRV?"

Lots of people have had unprotected sex with HIV+ partners and not gotten HIV/AIDS. Please show me one speculation that anyone ever made anywhere that the only reason anyone gets HIV is because they are predisposed to getting it because they're "depressed!"

lol - unbelievable!
  9. Kati

Kati Patient in training

LOL not to be rude to the psychiatrists, but I think they're worried of losing business...

:D

@Eric and Islandfinn, I am also very impatient.

Also can't wait to hear Dr Mikovits on January 22 from 2 to 4 PM:)
  10. Samuel

Samuel Bedbound with NO DOCTOR

Starcycle, I think that there was at least one paper in 1984 or so claiming that the stress of being gay was a factor.

See more popular forum discussions.