1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS
Looking at my symptoms, many of which are far less these days and some are gone, it would be easy to figure that I'd just been dealing with some heavy-duty menopausal issues.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV Positive? What are your symptoms/medical history?

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by leaves, Jan 14, 2010.

1. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Vaccinations in red have been added.

2. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    Awesome Job Kim!! This Survey looks fantastic. What great participation we have here. :D:victory::sofa:

3. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

I changed the column values - does this make sense?

Choose: [Positive IgM] [High levels of antibodies IgG out of range] [Past infection] [Negative] [Inconclusive] [Not tested]

4. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    Yikes!

Kim and gang--I take a few days off (more or less) and return to find this! You guys are unbelievable! I think I will have to get tested just so I can play too!
    But in the last version I looked at (I omitted a few pages, someone may already have caught this) in Section 28 you have Hypertension (I am one of the few who have this) but not Hypotension, which I think many of you do have. So please put this in, if not already done. But wow! WOW! Chris

5. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Entamoeba species added.

6. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Added:
    Hypersalivation
    Dry mouth
    Metallic taste

Don't know where to put white spots on fingernails.

7. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Is there a line that we could put in the Welcome message that would say this?

8. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Hey Chris! We're making 3 versions so that everyone can play. You'll be able to take the -Not Tested- version.

I added Hypotension. Thx.

9. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Added puberty, menopause, and chemical exposure, and struck by lightening

10. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Added -Loss of appetite- and -excessive hunger-

11. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Added Daytime urinary frequency, deterioration of finger pads, inability to perspire, hypermobility, alert not insomnia, sulfur foods, neurological tests

Made 2 questions - separate flu feeling from hangover feeling

12. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

I added dx. by MD to the question.

13. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

THe diagnoses question now gives the option for Physician or Self Diagnosis

14. julius

julius Watchoo lookin' at?

Canada
    Kim, could you add a link to the poll in the title of this thread, i have to keep looking through the thread to find links,

15. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

You bet!!

I'm all but caught up with the suggestions. I need to take a break.

Here's the XMRV POSITIVE SURVEY (BETA)

ETA: I still haven't added the suggestions that were written in the OTHER SYMPTOMS boxes when you took the survey. Hang in there.

16. julius

Canada
    re: medication side effects

in the welcome you could add something like this;

For this survey, consider a symptom as Current if it has occured within the last three months. Past symptoms are any that you experienced prior to three months ago. Symptom will not refer to side effects of medication, or symptoms related to a transient infection (ie: nausea that is related specifically to a 24 hr flu)

17. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Bravo julius, you are coming through today. This is so helpful!!

18. julius

Canada
    Good to hear,

I actually have Asperger syndrome as well as cfs. So i often don't know if I'm being a help or a hindrance, I don't pick up on the 'cues'. I'm glad to hear that i'm helping in this case.

19. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Thanks for letting us know about your Aspie-ness. You've been tremendously helpful with this survey - keeping it pumping along when I start to fizzle out.

20. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

New thread

I'm going to start a new thread to get feedback from the general population here. I will eventually merge it with this thread, but I wanted to have a fresh start with making changes to the current version.

See more popular forum discussions.