1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV+ Positive Survey Launch

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by _Kim_, May 12, 2010.

1. julius

julius Watchoo lookin' at?

Canada
    Thanks for all the positive feedback!

I am so happy that people are already doing (and done!!) the survey. I am just really looking forward to the results and seeing how many sausages we can get out of this thing.

2. Advocate

Advocate Senior Member

U.S.A.
    The bowels of the survey

There's a map in the bowels of the survey software that automatically adds a colored dot to the appropriate country whenever a survey taker has clicked on the country he lives in and has completed the survey. We tried to transfer that map to the header on the Home Page, but ran into difficulty.

I brazenly use the editorial "we." I know nothing about these things, but I do love maps, and I wanted to have a world map like the one on Judy Mikovits's slide, the one that showed where HTLV is found.

Anyway, now I see some faint green dots mysteriously appearing on the U.S. map in our survey header. Kim, are you putting them there manually? (Kim is always mucking about in the bowels.) :D

Advocate

3. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

That's me mucking around in hip waders. Yeah, I just updated the map again when I saw that EIGHT people had completed the survey.

You guys ROCK!!! I love seeing your little dots pop up on the map.

survey_response_&#.jpg

4. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    It is pretty! I'm blown away. I just searched for xmrv positive and a lot of things came up. Then I tried xmrv+ and these posts came up top!

5. Koan

Koan Be the change.

Wow, you guys, this is amazing! It's crazy that you pulled off such a huge undertaking so quietly!

Amazing!

Truly!

:thumbsup:

6. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Congratulations on such a professionally done survey. Did you guys have medical or research help from anyone? Really a superb job!

7. Cloud

Cloud Guest

I dig the map....feels a little more connected with everyone. I'm that dot waving to everyone...

8. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Yes, 59 experts on ME/CFS helped us :)

9. hensue

hensue Senior Member

:victory::thumbsup::balloons::Sign Good Job:no that dot is me waving at everyone lol

That was a huge undertaking and Thanks so much!

10. hensue

hensue Senior Member

how and when will the data be evaluated as you go along or all at one time?

11. julius

julius Watchoo lookin' at?

Canada
    From time to time we will post and update results on the homepage.

12. hensue

hensue Senior Member

:hug:I just love you smart people!!

13. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
    Not much to add except a that I really appreciate the very professional job you've done. The page looks great and the questions are well very well written. I'm always struck by the talent found on PR and the rich lives that we all used to live. It comes through loud and clear in a project like this.

Kim, Advocate, Julius, & Anonymous - you rock!

Thank you!

14. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Hensue, I ran a quick summary report on the 9 responses that are in so far. I found the answers to these two questions interesting. 3 out of 9 reported that they'd received a blood transfusion or tissue transplant!

#7 survey chart..JPG

And you are of mixed opinion on trying ARV Therapy
    #43 survey chart..JPG

15. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Thanks Wildaisy!! The software picks up your IP address and maps it, so it is accurate only if your IP address is not a proxy. It's approximate, I'd say. The software places a new dot on the map every time someone finishes the survey. I'm just copying that image and inserting in our header. I think I see you on the map now!!

16. Koan

Koan Be the change.

It's quite amazing!

I'm so impressed!!!

:hug:

:thumbsup:

17. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    I am so excited by this survey,

it feels like we're finally going to get some decent diagnositic statistics,

I hope this gets filled in by all XMRV positives, I don'y know how far our reach is, but I hope we have some patient groups getting knowledge of this survey out their.

If people are either bedbound, or without internet connection in the UK, i would be happy to try and help someone fill it via the phone,although that would mess the map up.

If anyone thinks I can be of help with this please PM with and for details.

I haven't been tested so checking out everyones symptoms and seeing how close they are to mine is the next best thing.

again big thanks for the survey.

And all the XMRV poistives, thank you for having courage to get tested wether by co-operating in a study, or by risking your limited funds, and thank loads and loads for filling the survey in, your contributions really are invaluable.

18. spindrift

spindrift Plays With Voodoo Dollies

WOW!!!

:thumbsup: to all who made this happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
    Labs

Hi Kim & Others,

Question 3 in the XMRV+ survey presents a list of labs/methods that does not allow the respondent to add a new lab/method that is not on the list.

VIP Dx - PCR
    VIP Dx - Culture
    WPI (as study subject) - PCR
    WPI (as study subject) - Culture
    WPI (as study subject) - Serology (Antibody)
    WPI (as study subject) - Western Blot
    Clongen Lab
    Direct Resonance Testing

There are other labs testing for XMRV and I know that at least some patients have received their results. Is there a mechanism for writing in a lab/method that isn't listed until the new lab can be added to the permanent list? and if not, could one be added? These other labs are potentially very intersting (perhaps the most interesting) as they could validate the original WPI findings.

Thanks,

Shane

20. fds66

fds66 Senior Member

I love the map - it makes it all so exciting.

See more popular forum discussions.