1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV positive by serology from WPI

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by gracenote, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    Before the posts vanish off the page again, thank you Gerwyn.
  2. Gerwyn

Gerwyn Guest

you are very welcome
  3. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Gerwyn: is it right that one can test positive for VIP serology test and not be infected?
  4. JAS

JAS

UK
    "AIDS drugs blocked a virus linked to prostate cancer and chronic fatigue syndrome, a study showed.

Merck's Isentress fought the virus, XMRV, more powerfully than 44 other anti-HIV compounds tested against the pathogen in laboratory experiments, according to researchers from the University of Utah and Emory University. GlaxoSmithKline's Retrovir and Gilead Sciences's Viread also prevented XMRV from replicating, according to a statement from Emory Thursday."

leaves. Sorry...this was the quote...read it wrong. Was more interested in the Glaxo involvement!
  5. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Oooooh my foggy brain... I tested pos by culture not serology.. Nevermind ...
  6. Gerwyn

Gerwyn Guest

no the other way round
  7. leaves

leaves Senior Member

ok thanks :)

See more popular forum discussions.