1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV Patent application Judy A. Mikovits Francis W. Ruscetti San

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by pollycbr125, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    Yes, the controversy is almost as strong, given the negative studies and all.

If it wasn't, lots of rich and powerful men would suddenly invest money in XMRV research. ;)

2. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    LOL! Mine, too!

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

Yeah, but still...ouch. :eek:

:D:D:D:Sign Good one:

Yeah, the jury's still out on XMRV causality there, too. The difference is that every news report doesn't say "prostate cancer, a controversial disease..."

3. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    Questions

This is an antibody test, right? (from [0014])

Based on Nos. 65-68, it sounds like it measures titer of viral load, too, right? So when they start testing antiretrovirals, theyll be able to check that its working by the viral load?

Has anybody seen this (from [0008])?
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez
    I wonder if they would find it in cultured blood serum or prostate tissue? WHERE DOES THIS BUG HIDE?

Wow.

I wonder if they have looked for XMRV in all of these diseases yet (Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia lymphoma, Niemann-Pick Type C Disease, fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Parkinson's Disease, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and autism)? Are they testing Parkinsons patients even as we wait for publication of an ME/CFS replication study? Gee, wouldnt it be something if this one retrovirus could be a significant clue to the pathogenesis of all these diseases?

Im surprised it doesnt mention Gulf War Syndrome.

Sweet! Yes, I understand that a patent application is by nature speculative; its not a peer-reviewed controlled study. But still, music to my ears, and cause for hope.

I havent managed to read all the way through it yet, because my brain is shutting down. :sleepy:

See more popular forum discussions.