1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV Necktie

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Levi, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Levi

Levi Senior Member

2. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Thanks for the bit of Levi-ty. I think I'll give someone I love Hepatitis B for Christmas. It has an attractive, almost paisley-like pattern. I think XMRV ties would look quite dashing.

[​IMG]
    Hepatitis B
  3. V99

V99 *****

UK
    I don't get the opportunity to wear a tie too often, any chance they would make a headscarf?
  4. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

Is there a PR person in the house?

arghhhhhhhh groan Kim levi-ty:p:p:p:p good one!

Levi, you do come up with some amazing posts. Much appreciated.

Is there a PR person in the house? My avid imagination took your suggestion of having this picture made into a fashionable and educational necktie and ran with it.

What if someone could approach the tie company to see if they would make an xmrv tie with the proceeds going to the WPI? And of course help them write the educational info that's inside the tie so that they get it right.

Heck, I'd not only buy them as presents, I'd wear one myself.

Could come up with jokes about ME/CFS being the noose around my neck........

islandfinn:)

ps I took the liberty of adding the photo to the xmrv images thread.

Also, think I'm going to email WPI and give them my fund-raising idea.
  5. froufox

froufox Senior Member

That reminds me of this site that sells toy microbes...

http://www.voga.co.uk/science-kits.php

So you can have "Cuddly fun" with lyme, HIV, the black plague etc...!! Eh??? lol

Maybe they'll have XMRV on there before long!
  6. spit

spit Senior Member

That is truly, truly awesome. And yeah, scarves would be another good use for the patterns.

I have a plush microbe, for the record. Giardia. A friend gave it to me as a gift back when I was a frequent backpacker. It's pretty cute, and will be even funnier if I'm found to have giardiasis, which I'm getting tested for just today, in fact.
  7. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

Update:

I've sent the funding idea to WPI and to the hopefully open or soon to open Klimas Clinic, which, as described in another thread, sounds like sanity, the way the world should be.

islandfinn:)

See more popular forum discussions.