1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

xmrv + , how will we be treated by ordanary folks

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by heapsreal, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

if many austism, cancer, fibromylagia, MS, lyme, and God knows what else, patients carry an MLV-related virus....thats a hell of a lot of people to treat like lepers!

2. IamME

IamME Too sick for an identity

Plus leprosy now has a proper, de-stigmatized name, Hansen's disease. While we continue to be pummelled by supposedly "accurate" CFS...

Calling ME, chronic fatigue syndrome, is like calling Hansen's disease "unmanageable skin syndrome".

3. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

I agree, and I think almost every family would have a "leper"!

4. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Perhaps, but everyone around me is healthy, and I have been ill for 7 years, so if they have not caught it by now, probably will not? Or perhaps they already have it and there immune system can fight the virus. More study needed!!

Clinical trials now!

5. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    It think many vets would give us better treatment then many doctors do :p

6. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Did you see the Episode on Seinfeld where Kramer goes to a Vet or something like that, because vets need to know how to treat all animals! I used to love that show!

7. serenity

serenity Senior Member

Austin
    our vet is really good, i have said many times i would like for him to take a look at me instead of the pets - haha! ;)

8. ZoeHines

ZoeHines

HAHA yeah I remember that ep, he had kennel cough the same as a dog on the street did, so they went to the vet to get the medication... He did turn a little dog like though!

See more popular forum discussions.