1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV Hits #55 in the Top 100 for 2009

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by oerganix, Jan 2, 2010.

1. oerganix

oerganix Senior Member

According to Discover Magazine...

http://cobbsblog.com/blog/?p=770

quotes from the blog:

"When I first started to read about XMRV some lines from Sympathy for the Devil, the Rolling Stones classic, came to mind:

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name; but what’s puzzling you is the nature of my game"

"And to thank those scientists who have been working on expanding our knowledge of this beast named XMRV. Their work in 2009 gives us hope that 2010 will be a better year."

2. Koan

Koan Be the change.

Thanks for this Oerganix. SCobb's blog piece was very nicely written, too.

I really do think we would see some public backing away from this connection (XMRV/MECFS) at an institutional level, and by those who wish to be seen as science savvy, if the links were actually as tenuous as some would have us believe.

thanks again

3. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    Yes Oerganix, thanks. I love his writing-style.

I think the message is getting out. Slowly but very surely.

See more popular forum discussions.