• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV Hits #55 in the Top 100 for 2009

oerganix

According to Discover Magazine...

http://cobbsblog.com/blog/?p=770

quotes from the blog:

"When I first started to read about XMRV some lines from Sympathy for the Devil, the Rolling Stones classic, came to mind:

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name; but what’s puzzling you is the nature of my game"

"And to thank those scientists who have been working on expanding our knowledge of this beast named XMRV. Their work in 2009 gives us hope that 2010 will be a better year."

MEKoan

Thanks for this Oerganix. SCobb's blog piece was very nicely written, too.

I really do think we would see some public backing away from this connection (XMRV/MECFS) at an institutional level, and by those who wish to be seen as science savvy, if the links were actually as tenuous as some would have us believe.

thanks again

Martlet

Yes Oerganix, thanks. I love his writing-style.

If youve ever been handed this diagnosis you know its a classic case of good news / bad news. The good news: theres finally an explanation for why, 9.5 days out of 10, you feel like death warmed over. The bad news: theres no cure; treatment is expensive and does not alleviate all the symptoms; many people see no difference between CFS and laziness, so moral support may be hard to find.

I think the message is getting out. Slowly but very surely.