1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV found in Italian CFS/ME study?

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Zippy_UK, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Zippy_UK

Zippy_UK

London
    IiME Charity have posted on their Facebook page that news from the Fatigatio - conference in Dortmund, Germany last w.end, confirms that XMRV has been found in Italy by Drs Lorusso and Capelli.

The title of their presentation (below) suggests they were looking for XMRV in ME patients rather than the general population.

Their presentation was on Sat 25th at 13:40: Dr. Lorenzo Lorusso/Dr. Enrica Capelli, Pavia: "CFS/ME in Italy: Clinical Approach and Research in Progress"

link to the the conference programme: http://www.fatigatio.de/index.php?id=185
  2. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    the pubmed article is interesting, those immunological abnormalities mentioned sound alot like me, nk cell dysfunction, increase in cd8 lymphocytes, and cd subset abnormalities. I havent been tested for xmrv yet. Can anyone who has tested positive for xmrv let us know if they also have similar immune abnormalities. Im glad there is a push for more research on xmrv around the world, they just need to push abit harder over in australia.

cheers!!!
  4. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Switzerland/Spain (Valencia)
    What makes you think they've used RedLabs?
    I hope it's not the case, but i don't know. Anyway, a positive result is much better than a negative one.
  5. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    I think Dr de Meirleir's poster from the XMRV conference would be the best answer to your question - it lists the immune abnormalities in his XMRV+ patients. I think there's another duplicate thread discussing the paper, somewhere, which has a more detailed discussion, but I can't seem to find it right now - it was posted at about the same time so an advanced search focusing on date posted might track it down:

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/sh...-poster-at-the-XMRV-Workshop&highlight=poster

See more popular forum discussions.