1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV Conference - There will be a live Q&A!!

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by VillageLife, Aug 31, 2010.

1. VillageLife

VillageLife Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I've just noticed when looking at the conference program that there is a *Panel led Q&A session (webcast)* at 5pm on day 2 of the conference.
    Does this mean what I think it means ?? and that this is going to be a live webcast for everyone to see ?

Ive emailed a few people trying to find out, perhaps if anyone else can try and find out ?

*editing this just found out YES there will be a live Q&A at the end of the conference....check out...http://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?live=9582
  2. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

i, too, emailed the conference logistics coordinator to ask! (diana)
  3. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

Me too - diana too
  4. VillageLife

United Kingdom
    Ok we better start thinking of some questions!!!

"On Wednesday September 8 the workshop program will be concluded with a panel led Q&A webcast session, starting at 5 PM EDT. You are invited to follow this session live using the following link: http://videocast.nih.gov or view the archive of the videocast, which will be available after 2-3 working days after the workshop."

Air date: Wednesday, September 08, 2010, 5:15:00 PM
    Runtime: 120 minutes

And if anyone can work out the UK time?
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    But is there any indication that people can send in questions, as opposed to them just accepting questions from the floor or the press or whatever?

To work out the time, if you go to Google and type in, "what time is it in ***" (e.g. "what time is it in New York") and do the search, the answer will appear at the top of the screen. That makes it easy to work out how far anywhere is in front of/behind us. I don't know where the conference is, though!
  6. VillageLife

United Kingdom
    i dont no where its being held either! :) but thanks!
  7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Just unslothed myself and looked! It's in Bethesda, Maryland, and they're 5 hours behind UK time.

I like that Google method because I never know whether we're on GMT or BST!
  8. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    I doubt that they are open to outside questions, but we need to find out.

If I could ask one, I would ask them to speak to how important patient cohert--i.e., based on the clinical/research definition of the ME/CFS patients is. Clearly the Canadian Consensus Definition was derived from the greatest expertise internationally. It is far more specific and coherent in terms of all the physical systems involved. How can not using these criteria for patient selection be justified any longer, medically?

Sing
  9. VillageLife

United Kingdom
    just had an email about the Q&A session,

The Q & A panel will consist of the following experts in the field of XMRV:

Don Blair, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, USA
    John Coffin, Tufts University, Boston, USA
    Jerry Holmberg, US Dept. of Health and Human Services, Washington,USA
    Judy Mikovits, Whittemore Peterson Institute, Reno, USA

The session will be chaired by:

Jonathan Stoye, National Institute for Medical Research, London, UK
  10. VillageLife

United Kingdom
    Great to see Dr. Judy M on the panel of experts!! :victory::victory::victory:
  11. xrayspex

xrayspex Senior Member

u.s.a.
    I would like to ask what method the CDC used to sabotage their samples, microwave or what is most effective?

See more popular forum discussions.