1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV and Human Diseases Ila Singh (Video)

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by VillageLife, Nov 8, 2010.

1. VillageLife

VillageLife Senior Member

United Kingdom
  2. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    And she does it with such grace and sincerity. She really strikes me as a truly meticulous scientist. Thanks so much for posting this VillageLife. (woof and and a nose kiss, grins)

3. VillageLife

VillageLife Senior Member

United Kingdom
  4. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Thank you, VillageLife. This presentation really helps me understand. And I'm glad to get to "meet" Dr. Singh. She's impressive!

5. Lynn

Lynn Senior Member

Thanks for posting this, Villagelife. It was an awesome video! Ila Singh is my hero.

I thought she looked very confident as to the results of her study. She would have probably stopped the study (not expanded it) if she did not finding XMRV. She certainly would not have been speaking at the OFFER conference if it wasn't going well. I can't wait for the results.

Lynn

6. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Its hard not to think she wouldn't have expanded the study if she wasn't finding it. I agree she's very impressive and relaxed up there. Very clear presentation, very clear skin, nice hair, nice smile (down boy! :))......

Anyway she has a very wholesome feel about her...

7. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    I see it's not just me! :D Otis seems to have a thing for her too...let's not have the whole PR admin/mod team falling out about this...:D

If her study confirms WPI findings, she's gonna need to hire a secretary or two to handle all the fan mail - there'll be no shortage of volunteers for that job, it seems...

8. Otis

Otis SeƱor Mumbler

USA
    Get in line people. As soon as I'm cured that job is all mine. Mine I tell ya. :D

9. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    Boys! Boys! Simmer down now! You're all gonna give yourselves a PEM at this rate.

10. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    (I'd like to give myself something different :rolleyes:). I don't even care if she's the brains in the household...I can stick around home tidying up and all.

11. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    You guys are to funny, thanks for the chuckle!

12. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Excellent presentation.

13. LJS

LJS Insert Witty Comment Here

East Coast, USA
    She expanded her study? Was this in the presentation and I missed it?

She did say that in their study they have not had enough time to analyze the data to know if XMRV is linked to CFS (33 min mark) so I figured that means they just un-blinded the results and are sorting through them.

14. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    She started out with a smaller study with Dr. Bateman's patients and then announced they were going to expand it. She definitely has the results from the smaller study back - unfortunately we never got them.

15. pictureofhealth

pictureofhealth XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

Europe
    Composed, elegant and smart (intelligent) - what's not to like?

16. Megan

Megan Senior Member

Australia
    I notice that this video was a month ago now. Does that mean she must have the results by now?

17. Bob

Bob

South of England

See more popular forum discussions.