1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV and CFS - the sad end of a story

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Jemal, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Jemal

Jemal Senior Member

My opinion as well. Even if XMRV blows up, I don't think we will be worse off than the era before XMRV. We should call that the dark ages.
    Xandoff likes this.
  2. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    Marie Curie
    Louis Pasteur was lambasted and called mad for his ideas of "invisible germs"

ALfred Wegener was one of the people involved in discovering Continental Drit (plate tectonics) and he got dogs' abuse for it by the "old guard" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Wegener#Reaction
    An earlier Swiss researcher had his work blocked out of the Geophysical journal for 30 years by an arrogant Scottish upper crust bigot and bully determined to prevent anyone threatening his own belief of geology!

You can go on at length about such cases, history is full of them, all the way back to Socrates and Aristotle
    lots of folk get treated like crap by the stupid non-Scientific, bigotted, religious-hysterics-pretending-to-be-scientists assholes around them! :(
  3. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    For a moment, I thought you were talking about Myra McClure... I got very confused!!! (Easily done!)
  4. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    hehe! ;) Oh I get confused/typo etc a lot too, now, hey at least we have an excuse! :p
  5. JPV

JPV Senior Member

Yeah, well I guess that the "fat lady" finally sang, didn't she...

See more popular forum discussions.