1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

xmrv action site

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by judderwocky, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Hope123

Hope123 Senior Member

Very true but they also did door-to-door, houseparties, and the like. My neighbors held a combo party/ phone event for Obama where people called "vulnerable" areas to get people to vote for him.

2. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    The Sock To ME/CFS effort comes to mind....everyone sends a sock to their representative....or we target one representative and send him socks.

3. bakercape

bakercape Senior Member

Cape Cod. Mass
    Awesome

idea/ concept. Thanks for doing the site for all of us.:Retro smile:

4. judderwocky

judderwocky Senior Member

Anytime!!! I am pleased to announce that the recent site updates are now complete.... User's may now select from 6 different themes to personalize the blogs... They aren't very "different" yet... but basically you can change the overlay to specify prostate cancer, CFS, or XMRV... there is a light and dark theme for each group. I hope to add more themes in with some diversity in the textures and hues ... Logo plates have all been updated and Im putting as many of the articles and publications about XMRV as I can find... right now a lot of the press releases and studies are available as pdf's ... which can be embeded into blogs and passed on through twitter.... the idea was to give people a way that they could quickly move information about XMRV and cfs to their family and friends... so i will hopefully be adding friend connect and facebook functionality... but i'm waiting on rebuilds to the connection software to be made public before i integrate it (i really don't want some unstable java script on my site)... well.. thats my latest update... my signature has both the homepage, and a demo blog for one of the darker hue themes... hope everybody enjoys :)

5. judderwocky

I have changed the site yet again... its all 3-d ish ... but you don't need the special glasses for it ;p

Also I have uploaded a few of the studies in pdf format

6. judderwocky

Facebook up!

I finally got the facebook connect module working... facebook came out with a new library for the drupal users and it now works perfect!!! WOOT

EDIT... lol I guess it would help to enable it. /fail

its up for realz now.

7. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    I think petitions are great for us, being sick, but the hand written letters going out have a big effect. A lot of patients aren't on the internet so printed versions could be signed too. and as network expands could do mail campaign, socks, or thread? hanging by a thread, pennies? a rope, lifesavers?

The thread started with xmrv action, and a lot of suggestions are general mecfs. I think this is the moment for the big ask to be about XMRV. Money and Research. No matter how the studies come out, there still is a new retrovirus they don't know enough about.

The change the cdc definition petition already had 2000 signatures on it. That is another big one, but getting the money out to xmrv researchers and studies going is bigger to me (i don't think we should put too much energy into the cdc).

See more popular forum discussions.