1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV abstracts from 15th International Conference on Human Retroviruses

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by kday, May 15, 2011.

1. Jemal

Jemal Senior Member

Hi Bob,

I thought Lo was rather quiet... how do you know he is doing more work on XMRV? I was afraid he might have moved on or that his research was something he did once. Though I have read they will do more work at least for the BWG.

2. Bob

Bob

South of England
    Hi Jemal,
    I'm partly reading between the lines, and partly going from what they've said.
    In a video presentation they have said that they are actively searching for DNA integration.
    And in the same presentation Lo seemed very enthusiastic about getting the best results possible for the BWG and Lipkin studies.
    Considering that he is taking part in these high profile studies, and he is so enthusiastic about his work, I'm guessing that he is working flat out to perfect his techniques.
    This seems to be more Lo's project than Alter's. Alter is the senior partner, but Lo is doing the practical work, as far as I can work out.

3. RRM

RRM

Just a heads up: most meeting abstracts are now available through the Retrovirology website. Unfortunately, the pdf from Silverman's talk is not yet available. Both pdf's from Mikovits are available though, here (with Ruscetti BTW) and here.

EDIT: I now see that this is already being talked about in another thread. Sorry. : )

4. Jemal

Jemal Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.