1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Virusrelated Gammaretrovirus in Respiratory Tract

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Levi, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Levi

Levi Senior Member

XMRV Found!!!

I have not seen this study posted here so I thought I would put in a link:

http://www.cdc.gov/eid/content/16/6/1000.htm

Note that for various reasons, the science in this study is vastly superior to the CDC study. I like the part about testing for RT; why is no one talking about this aspect?
  2. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    Thank you for posting this Levi. I haven't seen it before.

I am wondering if this XMRV in respiratory track could explain the cough that some of us have??

Glen
  3. Levi

Levi Senior Member

Glen,

Yes, I think this study raises lots of questions like that. Perhaps the DHHS should direct the CDC to go back and do throat swabs on those goats they used in the CDC/CFS paper. If they can't find it in humans at least they could discover it in those dang goats. I am keep'in an eye on MY goats, for sure.

4. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
  5. Levi

Levi Senior Member

CBS,

Same study. Perhaps time to revisit now since the Alter/CDC conundrum. Maybe Mikovits et al should send some XMRV+ CFS samples along to Germany.

6. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

Hi Levi,

Just a small, but very interesting, point: Hohn supplied samples for the CDC study, and is listed as an author. It looks like the principle authors went all the way to Germany to avoid contamination by the thought that CFS patients might have a communicable disease, and selected someone with a record of published negative findings. They then failed to mention the XMRV positive samples they received from U.S. groups they considered suspect, or their results of testing same, in their own paper. Now, Hohn may be viewed by a few in Atlanta as going over to the dark side.
  7. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    Contagious

Perhaps some of us have it in the respiratory track and others don''t, maybe this has something to do with the contagious part of it. It seems like the virus described in China is more contagious, so am wondering it it could depend on where the retrovirus is located. Perhaps if we have it in the respiratory track, we are more contagious??

glen

See more popular forum discussions.