A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Xeno/estrogens link to CFS/Fibromyalgia - Success!!

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Gestalt, Jun 9, 2012.

1. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Is it the use of pre and probiotics that has got you to the level your at now?

What are/were your symptoms?

Thanks

2. Gestalt

Gestalt Senior Member

Canada
    Yes, and chaga maybe.
    My old symptoms are listed at the beginning of this thread. My current symptom is just straight up lack of energy.

3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @Gestalt
    can I ask you did you suffer from MCS, food/supplement intolerances, allergies before you started on this regime?

4. Gestalt

Gestalt Senior Member

Canada
    MCS, no. food/intolerance's allergies yes, all my life.

5. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Thanks - I'm trying to make sense of all the pieces.

6. Cog71

Cog71

Los Angeles
    WOW. Just read this entire thread. I had come along the same path as you (albeit with a lot less detail and understanding) but I was on Accutane too around 15 years ago and wondering if it had payed a part.

On a separate journey I was researching CYP3A4. I haven't been able to make head or tail of anything I got back on my 23andme, but will do so now given the site info provided.

But my point is this: I came to the same conclusion as you, only it was PROGESTERONE, not estrogen I decided was the culprit. For various reasons - empirical rather than chemical.
    1) I have always gone loony around day 15 of my cycle - right when progesterone kicks in and peaks.
    2) I was twice put on the progesterone only pill and it nearly killed me
    3) I did many, many IVF cycles, and not only did I inject massive amounts of progesterone over a period of many years (which some doctors believe can get stuck in fat cells for up to six years), but we had several failed cycles with perfect embryos, where subsequent tests appeared to show that my progesterone level on day 21 was low - despite doubling up on suppositories and IM injections.
    4) I've just started SUPER low dose HRT. The estrogen patch went on a few days before I started the progesterone and I felt really good. Then I started supplementing progesterone and it was like going back to my worst ever days of fibro! I was writhing around on the bed begging my husband to rub my legs, desperate for relief. So - two days ago I stopped the progesterone (and kept the estrogen patch on) Lo and behold I feel much, much better today!
    5) I tried DIM about a year ago and had a violent reaction to it - it seemed to make my symptoms a lot worse. I thought herx perhaps, but I stopped anyway but now I'm wondering if maybe estrogen opposes progesterone and therefore by taking DIM I was changing my estrogen/progesterone ratio - using the balance towards progesterone. Perhaps?

Anyway - everything I've read says that CYP3A4 does the same thing to progesterone as it does to estrogen. Is there a reason why a) you decided to concentrate on estrogen (xenestrogens) specifically or b) that it shouldn't be progesterone that is the problem for me?

PS - This is a genuine question. I'm a long way behind you on the chemistry, but upping my estrogen seems to be working. I'd hate to be moving in the wrong direction! Any input would be gratefully received!

See more popular forum discussions.