Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Xanax as Replacement for Valium

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by paul80, Nov 13, 2016.

1. paul80

paul80 Senior Member

I Occasionally take Diazepam to help me get through bad days but i've not been able to get them lately though so i am wondering if Xanax is good as a replacement? or do some people like one but can't take the other?

2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    They're both benzodiazepams.

Xanax has a short half life (4 hours). I believe Valium has a longer half life. Klonopin/clonezapam has a longer half life (about 8 hours), so that might be more similar.

I believe Valium is the mildest/least powerful form of diazepams - these other two are stronger. You can always cut a pill in half or quarters to get an equivalent dose.

If you're a fast metabolizer like me, you'll do better on the longer acting varieties. I've taken both Xanax and clonazepam and do better with clonazepam.

This tapering chart has info on equivalents when switching from one type of benzo to another.
    http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

The benzo tapering group Benzo Buddies or the Surviving Antidepressants forum may also have helpful info.

paul80 likes this.
  3. Rvanson

Rvanson Senior Member

USA
    Valium does nothing for me. I am lucky to have a doctor who prescribes Xanax or my insomnia would be horrible.

See more popular forum discussions.