1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: The Adrenal Glands and ME
The second in a new series of ‘In Brief’ articles, where Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics, exploring how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he discusses the adrenal glands and why they can be such a talking point ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

X-tra Vertebrae

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by starryeyes, Nov 22, 2009.

1. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    Does anyone else with ME have an x-tra vertebrae like I do? I'm just wondering. Only 2% of the population do.
  2. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Hi teejkay, I don't know if I have extra vertebrae, but I had a CT scan of my neck last week and discovered that I have C7 cervical ribs. Guess that makes up for my missing xiphoid process and missing palmaris longus. My sister has 2 ureters on one side. I think we're a family with lots of genetic anomalies.

Where is your extra vertebra?
  3. misskoji

misskoji Guest

Hi

I do Tee! Never thought I'd be so happy to share having an extra V. with someone...I've often asked others this too. I didn't know there was such a low rate of us.
  4. markmc20001

markmc20001 Guest

have degeneration

hey no extras, maybe you can spare one vertebrae? becuase I have vertebrae degenration, or disk degenration can't remember which
  5. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    awww Mark, If I wasn't short already I'd be glad to give you my x-tra.

The replies have all been interesting so far. Genetic abnormalities anyone? Feel free to share.

I have 6 lumbar vertebrae instead of 5.

See more popular forum discussions.