• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

X-tra Vertebrae

K

_Kim_

Hi teejkay, I don't know if I have extra vertebrae, but I had a CT scan of my neck last week and discovered that I have C7 cervical ribs. Guess that makes up for my missing xiphoid process and missing palmaris longus. My sister has 2 ureters on one side. I think we're a family with lots of genetic anomalies.

Where is your extra vertebra?

M

misskoji

Hi

I do Tee! Never thought I'd be so happy to share having an extra V. with someone...I've often asked others this too. I didn't know there was such a low rate of us.

markmc20001

have degeneration

hey no extras, maybe you can spare one vertebrae? becuase I have vertebrae degenration, or disk degenration can't remember which

starryeyes

awww Mark, If I wasn't short already I'd be glad to give you my x-tra.

The replies have all been interesting so far. Genetic abnormalities anyone? Feel free to share.

I have 6 lumbar vertebrae instead of 5.