• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

x-ray dye that caused crippling spinal damage

SilverbladeTE

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverbladeTE

#1 Glaxo Smith Kline
they are one of the most powerful corporations on the planet, back then it was smaller company before mergers ended up with "GSK", but still deeply linked to the UK's "Establishment"

#2 They got away with it
They knew there were serious problems, but did nothing.
No one was brought to book, no genuine apologies, no help provided for their victims in UK in token of guilt and making up for that.

#3 they sold the remaining stocks to African countries (from what I recall on the issue back in 1980s)
I'm sure some gits involved suggested that: "oh well yes some maybe crippled but they need this product since they are so backward and need medical products, and it will help many others!"
ah huh...very easy to say when YOU'RE not the one who plays "Russian Roulette" with being crippled for life.

Reminds me of "The Third Man", Allies actually did hang ratbags selling stolen and adulterated penicillin after WW2 ended. And they had same excuses; "so what if the batch hadn't been stored right or was out of date? it might help!"

#4 this again shows how denial, preventing victims being acknowledged or receiving aid etc, is Standard Operating Procedure of the UK's Establishment.
it is NOT an accident what has been done to the ME/CFS victims
Once is an accident
twice is a coincidence
Three times is bloody deliberate

erin

I had a spanish friend worked for pharma, he swore that Glaxo Smith Cline sprayed "stuff" up in high mountainonus villages in Spanish countryside. Then they would check what would happen to the villagers. I found it hard to believe in this then. I thought that he was a bit funny. But now, I definitely would believe.

SilverbladeTE

I had a spanish friend worked for pharma, he swore that Glaxo Smith Cline sprayed "stuff" up in high mountainonus villages in Spanish countryside. Then they would check what would happen to the villagers. I found it hard to believe in this then. I thought that he was a bit funny. But now, I definitely would believe.

well, Spain was ruled for years by Franco, so wouldn't surprise me if in those days, he allowed bio chem warfare testing on his own people by US/UK "spooks" (via their obligatory "circuit breaker/deniability" front companies) in return for money or armaments,
as that kind of crap DID go on (with "less lethal" agents such as LSD, Q Fever, Lyme Disease etc)

in more recent times...doubt anyone has the balls to do it but, hey it's not impossible

Dunno if GSK produces OP pesticides (as they have so many companies now) but those chemicals are hell on wheels nasty, basically weakened nerve gas hut with catastrophic effects on Human health (immune, endocrine and nervous systems in particular).
so there'll be lot of interest in them for various reasons, be it legitimate defence concerns (for example after 9/11 the USA wisely clamped down on anyone flying around in a crop sprayer!),
or it could be "dodgy" weapon research,
or genuine research into something that merely appears suspicious,
or fake research to create data to deny any harm from one of their products
*anything* is possible when you have so much power and money :(

US has *enormous* bio chem weapon research system, despite the lies it's damn well not about "defence"
no one has 300+ labs doing bio "defence" work, because every such lab you build increase risk of a severe accidental release thus making the scenario of an attack even more likely just self inflicted hence any sane government only has at most a handful of such labs.
and it's just not credible to have such enormous numbers for purely defence research
(note that some of America's NATO partners came out in public and actually said that!)

And corporates aren't "national", GSK will work for whoever pays and they really do have enormous clout, more than even the oil companies except in a specific strategic sense

people need to be aware of the insanity and evil of the Cold War Nuclear Biological and Chemical weapon testing *all sides* got up to.
and fact that we only know a part of what the swine got up to, and that sometimes because the Government Accountability Office wondered where tax payer money was going etc and they couldn't hide it all in their "black books"!

PNR2008

In 1982 I received a mylogram before spinal surgery it was with pantopaque. Both Jesse Stoff MD and Jay Goldstein MD in 1988 and 1993 respectively said that it caused the CFS/ME in 1987. I do have arachnoiditis that nobody wants to talk about. When a medical professional gives me grief for talking Vicodin because of leg pain, I mention the words pantopague and arachnoiditis and the attitude suddenly disappears.

When I had Takotsubo Syndrome last April, I hesitated to get an angiogram because of the dye but my cardiologist insisted he would protect me by using a steroid with the dye. I' m not good with steroids but words like "sudden death" made me go along with it. They thought I had a full blown heart attack until the angiogram showed no clogged arteries and a left ventricle that was 3 x the size of a normal heart. Still recovering from that one.

I will never recover from the aranoiditis, it usually gets worse and never heals.

SilverbladeTE

PNR2008
ack, sorry yer suffering that, too! :(
Left mum's right leg without feeling, partial on left, bladder problems etc
she was one tough biddy, but the pain it caused her was terrible :/

the fact they knew it was harmful decades before, and didn't ban it, is monstrous!
but alas, par for the course and kind of proves that if they'd do that, then yes, they are capable of lying entirely about ME/CFS and effectively condemning millions to needful suffering and death.
Which makes them criminal scum of the worst sort.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@SilverbladeTE - it was hard to "like" your post, the story is so horrific. I'd never heard of this before. I'm really sorry about your mom.

This is all par for the course for Big Pharma and governments which protect them, I guess it all goes back to money. Look at the enormous damage done to millions by statins and fluoroquinolones and other drugs and they just keep pushing them.

SilverbladeTE

Mary
Money is just that lubricant of trading goods and services, more like hydraulic fluid actually: a lubricant but primarily conveyer of force/energy for use
But it has NO real existance, its an abstract
Many folk forget that and some become consumed by lust for it
They kill people because they think an anstract value is worth killing othes for, not even a principle or moral

But what really fuels these evils, like almost all evil, is arrogance and cowardice
They won't broke any challenge to THEIR way of things, so if folk become nuisances...to hell with them!
They sooner bury a hundred reports warnings or corpses, than have their power and comfort challenged
They are to cowardly to even dare to think of others and be compassionate
Some are socio/psychopaths
A few are wilfully thoughtfully evil
But the last two are rare, especially truly evil scumbags

Alas, in groups, humans tend towards evil, for bunch of reasons
This has to change