MEAdvocacy.org Update and a Call for Continued Support
“I have tried raising money by asking for it, and by not asking for it. I always got more by asking for it.”
Discuss the article on the Forums.

WSJ- Seeking New Blood-Supply Test

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by FancyMyBlood, Nov 22, 2010.

1. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Obviously the monkeys are too close to human - they have the same psychosomatic problems, they only think they have a problem with the virus. We really should tell the labworkers not to talk to the animals, and maybe the great British psychiatric/psychosomatic researchers can learn how to treat monkeys too....

Bye
    Alex

2. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    I don't know Alex that would be an awful lot of monkeys in one room. I mean how would you tell them apart? I'd been concerned that Dr. Wessley would get locked in with them by mistake. (grins)

3. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    Whatever you do, don't allow the monkeys to have Internet access. They will create online forums and use them to reinforce each other's mistaken illness beliefs. Can't have that.

4. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    I think the most exciting part is the X-SCA test that measures viral load. If you can measure viral load, you can do clinical trials on anti-retrovirals, since you have an objective measure of whether they're working.

But what's up with Dr. Bagnis comment that

5. omerbasket

omerbasket Senior Member

I doubt if it is based on something very new. It is known that XMRV can be found in semen, and WPI also found infectious XMRV in the plasma.
    I think it is based on that and some other similar informations and nothing more - but I don't know.

See more popular forum discussions.