1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

WSJ: Does X (the Virus, That Is) Mark the Spot in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by VillageLife, Aug 25, 2010.

1. VillageLife

VillageLife Senior Member

United Kingdom
  2. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Nice find Villagelife.
  3. VillageLife

United Kingdom
    This is a worry, some poor people may have 4 retroviruses.

I think its a hard thing to work out, because at times people are bed bound but then years later they get a lot better.
  4. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

so those of us who are super sick may have many viruses (x or p viruses).

those of us who are mildly sick may only have 1-2 viruses.

things just got a lot more complicated. now the only thing i can say that makes me happy about any of this is that this is spurring on more research, and all those retrovirologists who were looking for more to do (besides just HIV) can sink their teeth into this meaty subject. let the research begin! (or continue, in this case.)
  5. mojoey

mojoey Senior Member

Wait a minute....

I don't think XMRV is being referred to as X. I thought X signified xenotropic MLV and P signified polytropic MLV. XMRV stands for xenotropic MLV-RELATED virus and based on the following commentary of the Lo/Alter study, is a HYBRID of the two.

- http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2010/08/16/1007944107.full.pdf+html
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Can I suggest that we visit Amy's blog so that her employers can see how many hits she gets when she writes about XMRV/CFS? Here's the link. This will help to make sure that she gets a chance to keep covering the story as it continues.
  7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Oh! And I've also found that it's possible to leave a comment (without registering so it takes no time). Let's get on there and thank her. I've left a message.
  8. VillageLife

United Kingdom

See more popular forum discussions.