1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

WPI UK XMRV testing/study

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by JAS, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Knackered

Knackered Guest

This study's just to prove XMRV is in the UK.
  2. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
  3. Adam

Adam *****

Sheffield UK
    I haven't got email Knack, but I put down for home draw.

Don't know what to say for best.
  4. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Adam people who have requested a home draw haven't been contacted yet according to how the e-mail reads.
  5. Adam

Adam *****

Sheffield UK
    Thanks MaryB. It's tough waiting for this. It feels like the last chance saloon to me. I'm 47 and had this damn thing for 14 years. The last year I've had a downturn overall. I'd just like to give it name other than CFS!

Thanks for the reassurance.

Adam
  6. free_spirit

free_spirit

Merseyside, UK
    I recieved my email at 10.16am. Booked in for the Liverpool draw.
  7. tricia

tricia

Oxfordshire UK
    Countrygirl and Knackered - Thanks for very helpful replies .

T
  8. mermaid

mermaid Senior Member

Cornwall, UK
    Hi everyone. Just caught up with this. I haven't had an email either but have had all the previous ones and at the outset said that I almost certainly would need a home draw as I would likely be too far to travel to a centre.

Just out of interest which is the nearest place to Penzance being provided this time (that's the far west of Cornwall)? I always thought it could be Bristol but I haven't heard that place mentioned so maybe even further?
  9. sunlady

sunlady Guest

XMRV testing

I have not received an e-mail from Judy yet, but she has already asked to test as many of our family members as possible.

I have had ME (ccc) for more than 35 years.
    Both my sons have autism, one also has ME.
    My mother died of Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia and her sister also has it.
    My sister also has ME.

Judy seems very interested in our family disease history.

I pray for some answers so that I can have my life back and so that my children can be kept as safe as possible.
  10. KnightofZERO

KnightofZERO

UK Study?

I thought the draws for the WPI UK study were completed in March and April? At least I remember a lot of talk about people from the UK being signed up to give blood? This was in the weeks following the second and third negative studies. Are these two separate issues or was the study delayed?

It was my impression that the UK study, or at least the blood-draw stage, had concluded? Any UK people out there--is this all the same thing? Or two different things, maybe the talk from months earlier referred to some study they were doing that was more informal?

TC!
  11. sproggle

sproggle Jan

Teesside, England UK
    Only the first 50 samples (out of 200) were taken, then when they were trying to schedule the next lot of draws the Icelandic Volcanoe eruption happened and everything got put on hold...
  12. sproggle

sproggle Jan

Teesside, England UK
    mermaid the locations currently listed are Ashford, Cheshire, Chester, Manchester, Sunderland, Gloucestershire, Northern Ireland, Liverpool, Surrey, South Shields, &Essex

@sunlady sorry to hear your family is unfortunate enough to have so many diseases, I can see why Judy wants to test you all &I really hope it leads to treatment & a better future for you all xxxxxxxx
  13. mermaid

mermaid Senior Member

Cornwall, UK
    Thank you for the info Sproggle. That confirms my thoughts that the collection point would be too far for me anyway! I will await further instructions hopefully re a home collection.
  14. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
    Is any about booked in for Manchester around midday?
  15. pollycbr125

pollycbr125 Senior Member

yorkshire
    Anyone down for a home draw been contacted yet? Just wondering as im really not well at the minute so I havent been on here much or facebook. I am really struggling with the comp at the minute. thanks
  16. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
    There's isn't much to tell yet polly. I believe Ed is in the country with is wife to oversee the testing process. They still haven't finalized the locations. I had notice you hadn't been around much, and I was going to PM you when some important news develops.
  17. pollycbr125

pollycbr125 Senior Member

yorkshire
    thanks Bully I'll PM you on here
  18. Adam

Adam *****

Sheffield UK
    Polly

I haven't had an email yet. I go away in couple of weeks (for 1 week) and am hoping to hear before then. Sorry to hear you are in a bad way.

take care

Adam
  19. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
    Hi Adam,

Have you registered to the support site/forum: http://www.xmrvweb.me.uk/index.html? They're in contact with Ed from PSI, and it maybe a good idea to rearrange a home visit for you when you return from your hols. They will cross reference their checklist to confirm you're in the study.
  20. Scavo86

Scavo86 Senior Member

England
    Any news on when the 'Ashford 50' might be hearing...I thought originally the idea was July and that is fast approaching?!

See more popular forum discussions.