• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WPI UK XMRV testing/study

fred

The game is afoot
I just got a call from the USA phlebotomy company WPI has hired for the USA study (I am in New England in the USA). They are starting to send the kits out this week and draw the blood samples next week! All very exciting. Can anyone tell me, for the UK portion of the study, did WPI tell you that they'd inform study participants of their XMRV status at any time???

Rrrr

I share your excitement.

See post #384 from jace:
"The results will not go to patients until her paper has been accepted in a medical journal. She will however, release some figures (i.e. %) from the Ashford draws when the bloods have been analysed."

Rrrr

thanks, fred!

funny, because i just read the first few pages of this thread and saw that YES, we would get the test results. (see posts #62 and 63)

but i guess that info is now outdated, as the post you site is more recent.

rrrr

fred

The game is afoot
UK patients will get their results but only after the paper has been published.

fingers2022

thanks, fred!

funny, because i just read the first few pages of this thread and saw that YES, we would get the test results. (see posts #62 and 63)

but i guess that info is now outdated, as the post you site is more recent.

rrrr

Hi Rrrr (great name:D)

As Fred said (right?), so #62 and #63 not wrong nor outdated.

ATB
Steve

Alexia

It's just a guess but I think that maybe they will reveal the percentages of the first 50 test results in the next ME conference in London in May.

ukxmrv

Is there anyone on this thread who applied in time and then never heard back from WPI or PSI?

I saw a request on another group asking for any "strays" to send an email to this address if so

info@xmrvweb.me.uk

Let them know if you require a home visit and send them your address for new venue planning.

Countrygirl

=ukxmrv;73754]Is there anyone on this thread who applied in time and then never heard back from WPI or PSI?

I saw a request on another group asking for any "strays" to send an email to this address if so

info@xmrvweb.me.uk

Let them know if you require a home visit and send them your address for new venue planning

If you applied to be part of the trial before March 11th and received a letter of confirmation from Dr Judy, but haven't heard from PSI then please contact xmrvweb.me.uk. However, if you did not receive confirmation, then I'm sorry to say that you have not been included. Sadly, a number of people applied after the trial was full and so have not had a response. I know this is very disappointing, but the trial will be of benefit to us all.

Warm regards,

C.G.

thegodofpleasure

Player in a Greek Tragedy
Dr Mikovits says: "it's going very well"

:Retro redface:Following the message re the UK XMRV being posted on the WPI website yesterday, I sent the following Email to Dr Judy

"Hi Dr Mikovits,

I have read the WPI statement about the UK XMRV study being closed and think that I understand what that means - i.e. it is not open to new applicants for inclusion in the study.
I am aware that you have announced a pause in the blood draw process, whilst you are busily testing the first 50 patient's blood samples (commonly refered to over here as the "Ashford 50") and that you intend to prepare an interim report on the infection rates you are finding.
However, on first reading, it isn't clear in your website statement, that the people who are already enrolled (the other 200) will subsequently be offered blood draws at other venues around the UK.
Can you please reassure people (like me), who are already enrolled in the study but haven't given blood yet, will still get the opportunity to do so.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,"

She replied straight away saying :

"Yes we will resume blood draws next week and all 200 participants will be drawn in the next few weeks and all the studies will be done This project is our highest priority! It is going very well and being done efficiently. I hope this addresses your concerns
Best wishes,
Judy"

I think we're back in business folks.

I don't know her at all, but I really love this woman !!!!

TGOP :D

omerbasket

She is just fantastic. I mean, show me one other scientist who would say in a lecture: "This is my E-Mail - you can ask me questions there", as she did in her lectur in Januray.

pollycbr125

:)

She replied straight away saying :

"Yes we will resume blood draws next week and all 200 participants will be drawn in the next few weeks and all the studies will be done This project is our highest priority! It is going very well and being done efficiently. I hope this addresses your concerns
Best wishes,
Judy"
ALL PRAISE DR JUDY :victory: we are not worthy :victory:

so glad the testing is back on track and by the sounds of it the initial 50 tests are panning out . I needed some good news im sat here already sleeve rolled up arm at the ready :D

K

Knackered

ALL PRAISE DR JUDY :victory: we are not worthy :victory:

so glad the testing is back on track and by the sounds of it the initial 50 tests are panning out . I needed some good news im sat here already sleeve rolled up arm at the ready :D

I thought the same thing, it seems as though the other two labs know exactly what they're doing. It'll be a kick in the teeth for the IC.

eric_s

Yes we will resume blood draws next week and all 200 participants will be drawn in the next few weeks and all the studies will be done This project is our highest priority! It is going very well and being done efficiently. I hope this addresses your concerns
Best wishes,
Judy"[/I]

I'm glad to read this. What would be great if she could leak just a little, approximate number of percentage of XMRV positive samples from these draws. This is so important that i'm quite impatient :innocent1:.. But anyway, thanks to her. It's great they are doing this.

fred

The game is afoot
What would be great if she could leak just a little, approximate number of percentage of XMRV positive samples from these draws.

It would not be great. It would be unprofessional. We have to wait until the findings are published in a peer reviewed journal and/or until the WPI makes a formal interim announcement.

Adam

It would not be great. It would be unprofessional. We have to wait until the findings are published in a peer reviewed journal and/or until the WPI makes a formal interim announcement.

I guess she has said as much, but no more than she can, at this stage. Which is fine by me.