1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

WPI repoting XMRV is not Defretias' virus

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by misskoji, Nov 25, 2009.

1. misskoji

misskoji Guest

2. nora_n

nora_n

europe
    Okay then we can list them by name, since they are not one and the same:
    CAV-Freitas inside mitochondriae
    XMRV-silverman gammaretrovirus in white blood cells
    JHK-Grossman retrovirus inside HHV-6A
    (HHV-6A can be inside the brain , without any signs in blood or lumbar puncture..)
    XMR-Grossman is this the JHK virus? or yet another one?http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showpost.php?p=17011&postcount=95

3. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

Very interesting

4. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

I posted this in the other thread, but the only way to solve this problem is for them to test both sets of samples using both methods and see what turns up.

5. Kati

Kati Patient in training

You forgot one big virus: REEVES, growing in an endemic manner at the CDC :eek:
    Quick someone, gimme some RAID!!!

6. Alice Band

Alice Band PWME - ME by Ramsay

UK
    Dr Holmes NEW ZEALAND - Lentivirus

7. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    ETA: Nora N, I just noticed that you posted almost the same thing I did but you did a better job I think. You beat me to it by 24 min. lol

Here's mine:

So far the names of infectious human retroviruses found in CFS are:

CAV - De Freitas et al. 1991
    JHK - Grossberg et al. 2001
    XMRV - Mikovits et al. 2009

Hi All,

I just posted about the WPI announcement here:

http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?t=1217

The gist of it to me is we now have at least 2 infectious human retroviruses in patients with CFS.

CAV was found in our mitochondria and XMRV may be the same as Grossberg's JHK retovirus found imbedded in HHV-6, although I don't think they said that so that would lead me to think there are possibly at least 3 infectious human retroviruses in patients with CFS.

http://www.ncf-net.org/forum/ncftruths.html

However JerryH here on this forum says:
    JerryH also says:

So it looks like Grossberg discovered XMRV first. Also, is Grossberg saying here that JHK is XMRV? Do you have the link for that JerryH?

See more popular forum discussions.