• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WPI / plasmacytoid dendritic cells

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
In the latest newsletter from WPI it was announced that they had discovered that these cells had been found to allow the reactivation of viruses in ME/CFS patients. However, these cells did not allow for this in healthy individuals. Has this been discussed before on this forum or is this possibly at the very least a brand new avenue of the cause of a lot of our symptoms and would obviously explain why AV's work for some people.

I guess the million dollar question is what prompts these cells to do this, if in fact this can be replicated?

I may have missed something somewhere, but I was blindsided about Dr. Kenny De Meirleir becoming the new medical director for the WPI???

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
In the latest newsletter from WPI it was announced that they had discovered that these cells had been found to allow the reactivation of viruses in ME/CFS patients. However, these cells did not allow for this in healthy individuals. Has this been discussed before on this forum or is this possibly at the very least a brand new avenue of the cause of a lot of our symptoms and would obviously explain why AV's work for some people.

I guess the million dollar question is what prompts these cells to do this, if in fact this can be replicated?

I may have missed something somewhere, but I was blindsided about Dr. Kenny De Meirleir becoming the new medical director for the WPI???

Here is the article which was published in February: http://iv.iiarjournals.org/content/27/2/177.full

@snowathlete also wrote an article on it: http://phoenixrising.me/archives/16017

The research is ongoing.

Best,
Sushi