• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WPI opening: LET'S SEND JUDY M AND ANNETTE FLOWERS!

Rrrr

UPDATE: THE FLOWERS WERE SUCCESSFULLY SENT. IT WAS AN *ALL* PWC EFFORT, NOT AN EFFORT FROM ANY PARTICULAR FORUM, AND THAT MAKES IT ALL THE MORE WONDERFUL. THE FLOWERS WERE MADE POSSIBLE BY SMALL DONATIONS FROM FOLKS ALL OVER THE GLOBE, FROM A NUMBER OF FORUMS.

Hi all,

Upon the retirement of Peterson from the WPI, we all collected some money and sent him flowers. It was super easy. And I'm sure he loved getting them.

Let's do it again for Judy Mikovits and Annette Whittemore upon the occasion of the official opening of the WPI!!

A couple dozen roses for each woman!

For about $45 raised for each woman's flowers, we can get a HUGE bouquet of 2 dozen roses for each, and I think/hope that will cover shipping and a vase.

For $55 raised for each woman, she can get 3 dozen roses, or else 2 dozen of fancy, schmancy LONG STEMMED roses.

AND IF WE CAN RAISE ENOUGH FOR 3 BOUQUETS, WE CAN GET ONE FOR THE WPI STAFF, TOO!

http://products.proflowers.com/rose...pgroup=SVC&ref=organicgglbrand_proflowers.com

So that means we need to raise $165-175. I'll put in $10 and organize it all and order it.

Will others volunteer to donate $10 each?

If so, please send me a private message and i'll give you my paypal acct number or snailmail address.

(i may post this same request elsewhere and to individuals, and if i get responses, i'll add all the money up to a grand total for the flowers.)

Attachments

• ROS24assorted50_g&#1.jpg
    ROS24assorted50_g&#1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 19

Daffodil

ill donate $10. so do i send the money to your address? will you private message your address?

great idea! i had wanted to send them flowers myself.

on the card, i would put "thanks for saving our lives!" LMAO

pamb

Hi Rrrrr

Good idea. I'd contribute a wee bit but am in France so posting euros is not going to be effective. Do you have a paypal account? should I pm you?

Pam

Rrrr

if folks outside the US want to donate, i now have a paypal acct!!!

Attachments

• ROS24assorted50_g&#1.jpg
    ROS24assorted50_g&#1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 17

Forebearance

Cute idea, Rrrr!
It's really easy to set up a Paypal account, by the way. Then it would be easy for people to donate from anywhere.
I'll look at my budget and see what I can do.

Forebearance

boomer

I will donate $10 too. I can send US cash or do US paypal whichever you prefer.

paddygirl

Hi Rrrr, count me in too please. I'm in Europe but will be in NJ this week so I'll send it off. I'll try PM you now, never done that before.

Rrrr

we now have 12 promised donations for buying the flower gifts for WPI. if all those promises become reality, we have $130. we need a total of $175 for 3 bouquets of the long stem roses. anyone else want to do join the gift buying spree we are on?

Lynn

Hello all,

I think this is a lovely idea to send flowers. My question is why don't we send one bouquet of flowers for the grand opening addressed to everyone at the center and send the balance of money to use as a donation in their research? I think one bouquet of flowers will have the same result as three in letting them know how much we appreciate everything they are doing. The additional money going to research funds will bring a far greater impact in the future.

Lynn

Rrrr

hi lynn,

i hear you! and i thought about that, too. in fact, i always thing about that when giving flowers. in a way, they are a big fat waste of money. buuuuuuut, on hte other hand, i decided that for this one day an **extravagant** gift was worth it for these amazing women who have given us back our hope. in reality, an extra donation of $100 (instead of flowers) is not going to change the course of things at WPI. and i really want these women to feel super super well loved and appreciated by PWCs everywhere on this special day, especially given how many "hits" they have sustained this last year. and i think the flowers are a tiny step in that direction.

with that said, PLEASE EVERYONE, DO GIVE (SEPARATE) DONATIONS OF COLD HARD CASH TO THE WPI TO FURTHER THEIR RESEARCH EFFORTS!

p.s. i love the tag line at the bottom of yr posts, lynn! i'm going to steal it.

Rrrr

hi all,

there is now $88 donated to my paypal acct!!!! (and $10 promised via snailmail)!!!! so that is $98!!!

(more folks have said they'd donate soon -- up to $175 total is said to be coming. but since i'm not rich and can't get stuck with the bill, i like the actual donations over the promises, so i'll keep going until i get the actual donations, up to $175, which is the clear total we need) (i calculated the costs and shipping and called proflower.com to confirm!)

xxoo
rrrr

KC22

I'm in for $10.00. I have a PayPal account, but not sure how to send the money either. Thanks for organizing this...

Rrrr

i am not good at techno things. so can someone else answer this???

i think you just go to your paypal acct and hit the button that says "send money" -- but yr acct needs to be connected to yr bank acct or credit card.

if you can't do paypal, you can send me cash via snailmail!! just private message me and we'll set that up.

xxoo
rrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rrrr

The Cards

We need 3 cards for the flowers

1. Judy M

2. Annette W

3. WPI Staff

Now taking suggestions for the cards!!! Anyone want to offer some thoughts?

(and still need a few more donations, not many more tho!)

Rrrr

How about this to Judy M:

Dr. Mikovits, aka Wonder Woman: We are indebted to you for your dedication to us. How lucky we are to have you on our team. You are our Super Hero. As one PWC said, "Thanks for saving our lives!" Indeed, you gave us back our lives, and our hope. -- These three bouquets to you, Annette and WPI staff were made possible by donations & love from People with ME/CFS Everywhere Around the Globe.

Rrrr

hey everyone,

we just made our goal!!!!!!!! with $10 to spare. so i'll see if i can get a bigger bouquet of flowers for the staff or something.

everyone stop donating now! we have made the flowers goal and surpassed it by a few bucks: we raised $177 total!

we got donations from individuals on this forum, other forums and some of my pals who are not online, and one CFS researcher!

THANK YOU, EVERYONE. please stop donating now.

i'll let you know when we send the flowers. i'll have them arrive on friday before the official opening, which is on a saturday.

loooooov
rrrr