1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

WPI Matching Fund 2/27/2011 - 3/31/2011

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Andrew, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Thanks for the donation!

Total Donations: $242

Just $8 short of half way there.

2. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    Andrew, you are a good and generous hearted person! I just gave $20. to the WPI, mentioning your fund. Chris

3. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Thank you, Chris. That's $20 more from you, and I just got a private donation of $40. So that's $60 more.

Total Donations: $302

4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Excellent! Bumping...

5. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Looks like a bumpy road ahead. :D

6. CateK

CateK

upstate New York
    I also missed the 'Note' field (same as the 'Special Instructions'?), but just donated $30.00

7. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Thanks, Cate. No problem with the note field.

Total Donations: $332

8. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    where do i donate to? is this spam ?

9. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Hi SaveMe - no, it's not spam! Instructions about what to do are in Andrew's first post on this thread. You'll see from his link that you go to the WPI's own donations page.

10. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

ive been using facebook Network for Good to donate to WPI..does anyone know if this is a good organization? maybe i should donate to WPI directly through their website...but i think Andrea uses Network for Good...?

sorry to go off topic

11. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Andrew I've decided not to wait until the 20th for the count me in (I'll give again) Just donated $20.00 to WPI - couln't see the box to indicate it was for your matching fund, will tell Kerry (admin) to make a note when she e-mails me confirmation. Thank you once again for your absolute generosity.

12. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    I've been wondering about this too, since I've given both ways. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Charity Navigator, more of your money makes it to the charity (WPI) through Network for Good because it is a nonprofit too.

Network for Good charges a straight 4.75% transaction fee. Whereas if you go the WPI's site and give through Paypal there's the credit card transaction fee (usually around 3%) plus Paypal's nonprofit transaction fee of 2.2% plus 30 cents per transaction. (I'm not sure what Paypal's fees are if you just do a bank transfer though.)

So if you are giving through a credit card, it looks like using the WPI's Cure 4 ME Facebook causes page is the way to go.

ETA: If you are not on Facebook, you can go directly to the WPI's Network for Good page here.

13. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Thanks for the early donation. And from now on, there is no need to worry about the note field. This seems to be causing an inconvenience. That is, unless you want to. Also, if you have a different web page you are using to donate from, just use that one.

Total Donations $342

14. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Just received a $10 private donation.

Total Donations $352

15. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    Im trying to donate but if you look at their page http://www.wpinstitute.org/help/help_donation.html
    they list that little "bank" icon last so you can enter your checking and routing number. However when you click to donate, it no longer gives you that option.
    Can someone notify them or help me?
    Thanks

16. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    SaveMe, I believe their donation link just takes you to Paypal. If you have your bank account information set up in Paypal, you will be given the option of donating through that account.

17. hope love light

hope love light

East Coast, US
    I will donate $10

Hope Love Light

18. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city

I no have a PayPal account, how much does it cost?

19. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    SaveMe, It doesn't cost anything to set up a Paypal account. If I remember correctly it does take some time to get it linked to your checking account. I'm sure if you go there and look at their FAQ it will all be explained.

20. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

i signed up to give $10/month a few days ago..before i saw this thread....

See more popular forum discussions.