• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WPI Matching Fund 2/27/2011 - 3/31/2011

Andrew

I don't think I need to impress upon this community the degree to which WPI is under siege right now. We can't assume that truth will prevail, and they need money now.

I am putting up $500 in matching money for WPI. Any donation that is given to WPI in response to this message will be matched until the $500 is reached. Please post your amount here, but only amounts that are in response to the matching fund. This matching fund ends March 31, 2011, at which time I will donate the matched amount to WPI.

If you had tentative plans to give something before seeing this thread, but had not given it yet, you can still apply it to the matching fund. Just wait until you give it, and then post a statement here that you are doing it in response to this fund.

If you would prefer not to publicly post your contribution, send me a PM stating the amount you gave.

Here is a link to where you can contribute. http://wpinstitute.org/help/help_donation.html. When you contribute, put in the note field ""Andrew's Matching Fund on Phoenix Rising.

Keeping in mind that many people are struggling to get by, this matching fund has a no shame and no blame policy. If the total is not reached, so be it.

If you see me post a matching fund in another forum, it will not be an overlap of this one. It will be additional funds. So please don't claim matching funds in both unless you actually give twice.

camas

How generous of you, Andrew! Will you match those of us participating in the WPI's monthly Count Me In fundraiser? If so, I'll be hitting you up come March 20 when I figure out what I can give for the month. :Retro smile:

Andrew

How generous of you, Andrew! Will you match those of us participating in the WPI's monthly Count Me In fundraiser? If so, I'll be hitting you up come March 20 when I figure out what I can give for the month. :Retro smile:
Unless the $500 has already been reached, just post the amount when you give it. The thing I don't allow is someone sending in money before they see this post, and then claiming it after the fact. At least with a future commitment my matching fund might help it along.

Andrew

The total after the first day is $12 dollars. This might not seem like a lot, but if it keeps at this rate you will have contributed $432 by the end of the drive. And that will double when I match it.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Andrew once again you really are doing fantastic work to help further our cause, thank you so much. I just missed your call last month:) but I won't this time.

camas

Thank you, Andrew. It only takes 100 active members on this forum to chip in $5 to meet your goal. (And we know we have at least that many based on the CAA poll.)

Mikovits and the Ruscettis were not invited to CROI. Looks like only negative XMRV studies are going to be presented courtesy of Coffin. If this doesn't motivate us to give to the WPI, I don't know what would.

Andrew

Mikovits and the Ruscettis were not invited to CROI. Looks like only negative XMRV studies are going to be presented courtesy of Coffin. If this doesn't motivate us to give to the WPI, I don't know what would.
I guess we are finding out what kind of sausage Coffin wants to grind. It's baloney.

Frickly

Thank you so much Andrew for this generous gift. I will donate an extra $10 through facebook causes in response to your offer.

:thumbsup::hug::Sign Good Job::D

Very generous of you Andrew. :angel: If you haven't completed it by the 20th, I'll be back to post. Thank you for doing this, it has worked well for the MCWPA in the past.

dipic

I'm torn whether I should donate now or wait until the COUNT ME IN fundraiser on the 20th. Not sure if the 20th has any sort of significance but I really wish we could simply just donate whenever we'd like throughout the month (I'd prefer the 1st) and have it count. As long as you're donating at least once per month, it shouldn't really matter what day it is, but it'd be nice if my donation "counted" as these types of fundraisers help encourage others to donate as well.

If by the 20th you haven't reached your goal, Andrew, I'll see what I can scrounge up. Thanks for doing this.

Andrew

Reading more I realize how out of touch I've been. The fact that there is a Count Me In fund is just starting to sink in. Is there a page where I can read about it. I used to keep up with everything that is going on, but then started to feel so hopeless about ever getting better it was like "what's the point." So now I only read a bit here and a bit there.

Anyway, I have had some good fortune, so I thought I'd spread it around while it lasts. That's why I'm able to do this. Other people cannot, and not for lack of wanting. There are people who literally can't afford anything. Who can't afford to see a doctor. There are people who give in other ways, such as activism, or by offering a kind word here and there. There are people who can't even do that. I know, because there were months when I was unable to post online. And there are pwc who are homeless, and nobody ever hears from them.

So as I mentioned before, this is a no shame no guilt matching fund. Don't feel badly if you can't join in. This illness is already making you feel bad enough.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Edit your sigs to support Andrew's campaign

This is a great idea, Andrew, and very generous of you - I've edited my sig to advertise your campaign and suggest others do if they would like.

It's easy - just go to "Settings" next to the "Log Out" tab and then "Edit signature". Your sig immediately changes on every post you've ever made.

Feel free to copy my sig if you would like!

Merry

Andrew,

I just donated $20 but didn't see the note field to enter "Andrew's Matching Fund at Phoenix Rising." I'm sorry and hope this doesn't cause a problem. Can I email you my receipt from Paypal (if I was sent one - haven't checked)?

Thank you for your generosity. You are a good person.