1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

WPI Center Grand Opening , 21 august

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Rita, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Rita

Rita Senior Member

WPI Center Grand Opening, Sat August 21 All Are Welcomed
    July 21, 2010

The following email from the Whittemore Peterson Institute has been distributed via the Co-Cure Listserv and elsewhere. The event celebrates the birth of a world class center for diagnosis, clinical care, and research that respects, welcomes and offers hope for patients with "illnesses caused by acquired dysregulation of both the immune system and the nervous system," such as ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, MCS, atypical MS, autism, and more.

Join us for the grand opening of the Center for Molecular Medicine -
    Discover the future of health

The University of Nevada, Reno, the University of Nevada School of Medicine, and the Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease invite you to the grand opening of the Center for Molecular Medicine

Saturday, August 21, 2010
    10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
    Center for Molecular Medicine
    University of Nevada, Reno
    Reno, Nevada

Map & Directions
    http://www.wpinstitute.org/CMM_Map.pdf

Discover this one-of-a-kind facility and take a glimpse of the future of health. For more information about the Center for Molecular Medicine please visit www.medicine.nevada.edu/cmm or www.wpinstitute.org

No RSVP is required

2. V99

V99 *****

UK
    great news.

3. Wasbeer

Wasbeer

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I am very curious about the 'clinical care' part. What treatment(s) will they be offering to patients?

4. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    huray for the whittemores and all the rest involved. The documentary film crew of WHAT ABOUT ME, will be there as well.

5. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    Finally! I remember Dr Demeirleir talking about the founding of the institute, when he came to in my town in 2005!

6. sensing progress

sensing progress Senior Member

Tucson, AZ
    I'm curious too. I suspect it will be some time before they get the clinical care part fully up and running.

The ceremony is from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon), so only 2 hours.

7. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Sounds like a good time for a camping trip.

8. Cloud

Cloud Guest

I have to be there in early September......trying to arrange changes to make it to the ceremony. If not, I sure hope we get some video coverage.

9. Lisa K.

Lisa K.

So excited for the opening of WPI. Looking forward to seeing their dream come true! :)

See more popular forum discussions.