1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

WPI adds "XMRV Research" Tab/ Research Form

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by _Kim_, Nov 15, 2009.

1. zero

zero Guest

I have that feeling too. I am disappointed with the survey however - it asks if you have any neuro immune disease (they mentioned prostate cancer as well) in your immediate family. That means father, mother, or siblings. Well, I'm none of my immediate family has anything (I'm only 21) but my grandfather and 2 of his brothers had/have prostate cancer. Coincidence? Possibly; probably... but still, I think they might have wanted to know that.
  2. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    And although not related to me by blood, my brother-in-law has a particularly aggressive form of prostate cancer at a much younger age than normal. He has just had surgery to remove a metastatic tumor from his spine.

I am speculating here since he has not been tested for XMRV, but it is possible, I think, that it might be in my in-law's blood-line where there are a lot of cancers, and my husband could be a healthy carrier.
  3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    WPI Response to form

Mike Hillerby's response to the email I sent him with concerns about the form. Nice of him to send it given how much work they're all doing.

4. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    Making changes to data

Okay, I filled out the form on the WPI site, as mentioned in another thread, but I realize that I forgot two important issues. I omitted that I have IBS AND that one of my daughters has it. Duh!

Anyone know if there is a way to amend our forms?

See more popular forum discussions.