Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Would you use B12 and magnesium injections that have expired?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by parabola, Aug 6, 2017.

1. parabola

parabola

UK
    As title. Hydroxocobalamin and magnesium sulphate in single-use glass ampoules, boxed. Expired 2014. Stored in a dark place since 2013 and moved to the fridge about a year ago, perhaps longer.

I know some medical supplies are really conservative with the dates. Possible loss-of-potency issues aside, would you consider them safe to use?

2. Banana94

Banana94

Switzerland
    Hmm difficult to say.. I can only tell you not to use it if the liquid is cloudy

parabola likes this.
  3. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

3 years old. Nope!

parabola likes this.
  4. Alvin2

Alvin2 If humans were rational...

Tablets i might, injection i would be hesitant. Plus 3 years, 1 year or less i will often take tablets, but sublingual B12 is cheap and there are bio available magnesiums often also relatively cheap.
    I've been taking hydrochloric acid tablets thats expired in 2016 but they are acid and will break down into hydrogen and aqueous chlorine, both relatively non toxic.

parabola likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.