• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Would you like to be a Trustee of ME Research UK?

AndyPR

ME Research UK are looking for trustees.

ME Research UK exists to fund biomedical research projects – as simple as that. To date, we’ve invested over £1.5 million on 45 distinct studies involving many of the systems of the body. We commission research into ME/CFS (or more simply ME) which affects people of all ages and social and ethnic groups. Its symptoms are a reality of life for up to 240,000 people in the UK alone, not to mention their family and friends. Yet the illness is not properly recognised or researched – and this makes our role as the main independent funder of biomedical research in the UK and Europe particularly important.

As a charity we are governed by a Board of Charity Trustees. Our Trustees are all volunteers and they have an overall duty to develop the organisation’s aims, objectives and goals, to ensure that the charity thrives and fulfils the expectations which our supporters have of us.
http://www.meresearch.org.uk/about-us/trustees/