1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Worth Reading: Ken Wilber

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by jenbooks, Aug 1, 2009.

1. jenbooks

jenbooks Guest

2. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Wow!

Wow! Everyone should read this. Amazing. He seems to have recovered. I wonder how he is doing now....

It reminds me of Jason Breckenridge - a young man who died - we assume from a seizure - and unfortunately it makes me think of Andrea Whittemore, who, unfortunately, after going off of Ampligen, is apparently having alot of trouble with seizures (although hopefully not grand mal seizures).

What an intellect he has - don't even want to think what his IQ is.

I found some more info on him and ME/CFS...

http://www.kenwilber.com/Writings/PDF/hi_folks.pdf

Thanks to the intro to this member of our 'community'!

3. jenbooks

jenbooks Guest

He has some nice lectures on youtube also.
    Here's a short one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA8tDzK_kPI

I'm not a particular fan of his books except for Grace & Grit which is a personal book. But I admire him as a force of nature and intellect :)

4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Cort, I always love his "one minute rant," from the link you posted. I have quoted it a lot! Thanks for posting a good copy of this.

Sushi

5. firefly

firefly

Wow. This is incredibly interesting. Thanks for posting this, Cort. I did a bit a digging and found that Ken Wilber's statement on REDD was first sent out in October 2002. It seems to be based on a theory of Dr. Cheney's. I'm curious, are folks still getting tested for R-nase deficiency? How does this fit in with XMRV? This was the link with prostate cancer samples, right?
    Do we know if Wilber is a patient of Cheney's?
    He also mentions "harvard researchers" hinting at a retrovirus (!!) This in 2002. Do we have any idea what researcher and what retrovirus?

6. FernRhizome

FernRhizome Senior Member

Probably the Harvard research, I would guess, would be Dr. Anthony Komaroff. He's the big CFS guy. Brigham & Women's. He has a huge stable of CFS patients but he doesn't do office visits anymore, he's sort of retired from clinical and editing the medical journal for Harvard.

7. firefly

firefly

Thanks Fern!
    That makes sense.

8. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    He says he is part of the Tahoe cohort. Interesting.

love it!

9. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Whenever the psych bunch depressed me, I go back and read that quote!

Sushi

10. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Came to rather late Cort, but it's stunning and well describes the in and out of consciousness experience - and much more too. Thanks to jenbooks for the introduction. (The nature of "being" - eastern thought - is one I personally agree - nothing whatsoever to do with the pathetics of western pseudo sciences or psychos).

See more popular forum discussions.