How we can hijack the media, in four easy lessons
Love it, hate it, good story, bad story... the media are going to keep reporting on ME/CFS no matter what. But isn’t it time that we saw that coverage as an opportunity?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Worse or better after menopause?

Discussion in 'Hormones' started by bertie7, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Aileen

Aileen Senior Member

Canada
    Just a thought for those of you who are experiencing problems. The vagina has its own microbiome, Perhaps looking into probiotics specifically for "women's health" might be helpful. Not sure which ones would be best to take but might be worth looking into.

2. Victronix

Victronix Senior Member

California
    I've just started having my first chaotic periods (age 50) and suddenly have been flooded with symptoms (but have not yet gotten to see a gynecologist that's in another week +, so don't know yet for sure what's going on) -- the crushing fatigue, pain in the pelvis like I have a UTI but there is no infection, nausea, anxiety, sleeplessness, etc. I'm sorry to read about how difficult it has been for some on this thread! Amazing what some have endured. I'm just at the very start of this so am appreciating the knowledge . . .

3. josephine2

josephine2

I'm replying to older thread but think this is an important topic. Everyone told me when the perimenopause migraines started that they would go away in menopause and I didn't believe them because nothing else about my health was typical. However, they did finally go away within 2 years menopause - like 100%. So I want to hold out hope for those dealing with migraines, too - if you have them. HRT didn't help one way or the other with migraines. And sinus infections being the hallmark of my ME/CFS - those got worse in menopause and am thinking it's epithelial cells and cilia health not strong in a way they were pre menopause. Any advice on that, I'd be interested in.

rosie26 and Misfit Toy like this.
  4. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

Agree with you @josephine2 my headaches seem to have gone but right from the beginning of going through menopause, I have deteriorated ME wise - it doesn't feel good and I am not sure anymore about future improvement. It's been 3 years and I am still in this deteriorated state and haven't picked up.

My CNS has got worse and I wish I knew how to calm it down. Also, I am getting night sweats during the day and I have never had this before. These sweats during the day are the same slick sweats you get with the night sweat. And the heat that comes with it is quite severe. I don't know what is going on - it's a new thing for me. The sweat is all over the body as well, not just the torso. Never experienced anything like it before. It feels like my body is trying to get rid of something with these sweats.

See more popular forum discussions.