1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

worse before storms?

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by ramakentesh, Mar 15, 2012.

1. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

I always seem to crash before a storm? anyone else?
  2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Me too...I think it is related to cortisol. Many animals also experience this phenomenon (I'm thinking of dogs in particular). But many of us with CFS also have endocrine issues, particularly adrenal issues. Once I started replacing cortisol, my crashes before storms vastly improved to the point where sometimes I don't even notice a storm is coming anymore. I would highly recommend a saliva cortisol test if you have not done so already.

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2009/04/30/why-does-pain-get-worse-when-a-storm-is-coming/
  3. sianrecovery

sianrecovery Senior Member

Manchester UK
    The doctor I saw in Arizona a few weeks ago said his patients tended to worsen as storm systems came in, or as a result of atmospheric changes, he attributed this to the impact of pressure changes on vascular flow
  4. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    This is not confined to CFS/FM/ME, a lot of other conditions also significantly fluctuate with changes in weather and atmospheric pressure, like headaches/migraines and rheumatic pain.
  5. Googsta

Googsta Doing Well

Australia
    Yes. I was unable to attend an appointment yesterday due to severe crash. We have had several days of storms including last night & today.

My husband has a spinal cord injury. It was explained to him by an anaesthetist that nerves need time to adjust to changes in atmospheric pressure, which is why so many peoples bung knee hurts before it rains ;)
  6. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    For me it's only a little worse before and during? I actually feel better once the rain has washed down the trees and flowers. The air feels much nicer to breathe. Then when it stops and the sun is out, the allergies hit hard.
  7. LaurieL

LaurieL Senior Member

Midwest
    I had always been told it had something to do with positive and negative ion ratio. So I went looking for a link that sounded similar to what I remember. I am a Tesla fan, so here's a link...

http://www.breathofsalt.com/posnegions.htm

See the link for more info.

Laurie

See more popular forum discussions.