A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Worldwide premieres of "Unrest"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Thanks, Gary. The question (for us outsiders!) is then how do we find such a nurse or physician and get them to tackle the chair of medicine?

@Jonathan Edwards, how would patients set about getting showings of Jen's film in hospitals (and medical conferences, and any other relevant places) in the UK? Would this be best done by one of the charities, do you think, perhaps linking up with local patients to push somehow?

@JenB, do you have thoughts on this?

Izola, Samsmam and trishrhymes like this.
  2. AndyPR

AndyPR I'm a DAD, I Donate, Advocate and Demonstrate

Hampshire, UK
    From Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/unrestfilm/posts/852095174928217

TiredSam, Solstice, mango and 6 others like this.
  3. Old Bones

Old Bones Senior Member

CANADA
    https://www.facebook.com/unrestfilm/

Exciting news from Jen on the "Unrest" film Facebook page:

"I am thrilled to announce that Unrest, a feature length documentary about ME and CFS, will be making its European premiere at CPH:OX in Copenhagen, Denmark, March 16-26 in the "Before and After Science" section.

We are so glad to be bringing this film to Scandinavia, a region that has been home to some of the most exciting scientific advancements in recent memory - uncovering evidence of autoimmunity and metabolic dysfunction in ME patients - while also seeing some of the most unsettling cases of forced institutionalization on the basis of the belief that ME is a psychological illness. We hope that Unrest can help bring to light this contradiction, start a public conversation and through it, increase support for research and for patient rights."

4. Jo Best

Jo Best Senior Member

Regarding increasing support for research and patients rights, currently thirteen countries are represented in the European ME Alliance (EMEA) and formed the European ME Research Group in 2015 - http://www.investinme.org/em-index.shtml

trishrhymes likes this.
  5. Old Bones

Old Bones Senior Member

CANADA
    Valentijn, Izola, slysaint and 3 others like this.
  6. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Does it show the whole documentary? I am thinking on going if I can make it so wondering how much family to bring, I hate to show family any CFS documentary unless I see it first.

7. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I do not know the answer but please let us know all about it if you do go! I am still hoping the film will eventually come to L.A. so I can see it.

flitza likes this.
  8. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    Sasha, this is my attempt: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ing-of-unrest-raise-money-for-research.50077/

It still needs to all be organised, so we need to wait and see whether or not we can make it happen. If I am not mistaken, this is a screening you could theoretically attend if you're health is up to it as I believe you live somewhere in the region. Even better if we could borrow some of your community initiative to help make it a success.

Comet likes this.
  9. Old Bones

Old Bones Senior Member

CANADA
    Exciting news for Canadians:

unrest.JPG

Unrest2.JPG

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Solstice and Valentijn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.